SANRAL Public Liason Officer (PLO) X1
Contract X.002 – 103 – 2019/1 & N.001 -280-2019/2
Public Liason Officer (PLO)
SR Construction Site Office at Louis Trichardt
Contract Duration: 12 Months (Renewable yearly u to end of June 2024)
The successful candidate will earn a salary of R10 000,00 per month and R300,00 cell phone allowance per month.
The suitable candidate will need to have the following minimum qualifications and relevant experience:
- Must have grade 12 or equivalent qualification (NQF Level 4)
- Previous experience as a public Liason Officer will be preferred/ or worked on previous community projects.
- Computer Literate (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
- Experience with working with communities
- Must be resident from the Target Area (Makhado Local Municipality – Ward 3, 9, 15, 20, 27, 28, & 29) and must therefore attach proof of residence.
- Must have good communication skills
- Must be mature and have respect for the community, contractor, Client and his representatives.
- Must always act in the best interest of the project.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Be available on-site daily from 07:00 – 17:00
- Communicate with the Contractor and Engineer daily to determine required skills and number of labours.
- Facilitate and assist in labour disputes resolution and ensure procedures are adhered to and that sanctions are reasonable.
- Assist and facilitate in the recruitment of suitable temporary labour and the establishment of a labour desk where required
- Attend all PLC meetings and present a progress report.
- Assist in the identification, screening of labourers from the community in accordance with the contractor’s needs.
- Organize and assist the contractor to explain to all temporary labourers of their conditions of temporary employment will be terminated.
- Ensure that there are agreements between the contractor and the labourers
- Ensure that workers are paid what is due to them and on time
- Attend disciplinary proceedings to ensure that hearings are fair and reasonable
- Handle such other duties as agreed upon between parties concerned
- Keep a daily written record of interviews and community liaison which should be summarized and included in the monthly progress reports
- Keep a record of labourers appointed, their ID’s, day worked, wages etc.
- Prepare monthly progress reports
- Assist SANRAL in the performance of their duties.
This vacancy will close on the 15th of November 2021 at 12:00 and all documents (clear/colour copies) listed below must be submitted to the Shonisani Rambau Construction site office on the R578 towards Elim (73 Rondebosh Street, Louis Trichardt, 0920) for the attention of Mr. Takalani Namgammbi (078 800 4021) – Contract X.002 – 103-2019/1 & N.001-280-2019/2: PLO
All applications must include;
- Curriculum Vitae with experience (CV)
- Grade 12 or NQF level 4 Certificate
- ID and/ or Drive’s License copy
- Proof of address (Letter from the Ward Councillor)