Project Administrator (#26608) at International
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za.
The purpose of the role is to provide project administration and administrative support to the Project Manager. The role will include providing administrative support to the operations team as and when required.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- Matric and a relevant diploma / degree (or equivalent) in either business or information technology
- Recognized post graduate education in project administration or project management
- At least 5 years of project administration experience, of which at least 2 years has been spent administrating high impact, complex and strategic projects and programs
- PC literate and absolute understanding and application of all project management tools and techniques
- General business and financial skills and experience
- Good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Experience dealing with all levels within the organization, including C-level Executives
- Above average competence in MS Office (Word, Excel, PPT, Project & Visio)
- Experience in Financial Services will be an advantage
- Takes initiative and organized
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and bring structure into an environment
- Experience with SharePoint or equivalent
- Team player, professional and good work ethic
- Ability to work with a dynamic team and manage change effectively
- Ability to work independently without supervision
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
Perspective: Internal Business Process
- Administration of all assigned projects and portfolio’s according to the Company’s methodology
- Ensure governance of these projects conform to agreed Company standards, procedures and life-cycle gates, highlighting areas of concern to the relevant Project Manager
- Assist Project Manager(s) with updated Business and System process flows using Visio
- Assist with compilation and distribution of relevant project communication
- Co-ordination / arrangement of logistics of all project stakeholder meetings, workshops and provision of quality minute-taking
- Complete and correct documentation, ensuring retrieval and availability of information from document repository, including project archives
- Effective administration of project procurement (travel, expenses, catering, etc)
- Monthly and / weekly progress reporting, including interpretation and update of project plans
- Ensure availability of information for decision-making purposes
- Updates to the portfolio project register with accurate information
- Deliverable follow-ups and administration of sign-offs
- Well prepared meetings, presentations, functions, catering, venues and equipment
- Maintenance of issue logs, risk logs, action logs
- Change control; change requests submitted timeously, signed off, etc
- Completion of required lifecycle documents within guidelines, document configuration management, filing and archiving, ensuring audit trail for project health checks and benefits audits
- Collate audit ready project folder with all fully signed project documentation for auditing and archiving
- Diary management
- Co-ordinate and arrange logistics (travel and accommodation, etc)
- Organise project infrastructure (PC’s, access, software) when required
- Effectively administer and update project budgets: drawing relevant reports, invoicing, payments, resolved queries, reconciliation and internal control checks
Please submit your application via our Careers page on www.mmiholdings.co.za
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
12 February 2019
email@example.com(The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.