Professional Nurse (92 POSTS)
- Reference Number: refs/011661
- Directorate: Nursing
- Number of posts: 92
- Package : R256 905.00- R297 825.00 per annum (plus 37% in lieu of benefits)
- Enquiries: Ms. Mafisa FF, Tel No: (012) 529 3873/3575
- Basic R425 (i.e. diploma/ degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as Professional Nurse. Registration with the SANC as a Professional Nurse and proof of current registration. No experience is required after registration with the SANC as Professional Nurse.
- Demonstrate an understanding of nursing legislation and related legal and ethical nursing practices. Perform a clinical nursing practice in accordance with the scope of practice and nursing standard as determined by the relevant health facility. Promote quality of nursing care as directed by the professional scope of practice and standards as determined by the relevant health facility. Demonstrate effective communication with patients, supervisors and other clinicians, including report writing when required. Work as part of the multidisciplinary team to ensure good nursing care. Work effectively, co-operatively amicably with persons of diverse intellectual, cultural, racial, or religious differences. Able to plan and organize own work and that of support personnel to ensure proper nursing care. Display concern for patients, promoting and advocating proper treatment and care including awareness and willingness to respond to patients’ needs, requirements, and expectations (Batho Pele). Willing to work shifts including night duty in different departments.
- CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE: The contract will end on the 31st March 2022. The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender, and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new updated Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full, failure to do so will result in your application being not considered. Applicants are advised that until 31 December 2020 the ‘previous’ application for employment (Z83) form will be applicable, however from 1 January 2021, a new application for employment (Z83) form will be effective. Should an individual wish to apply for a post on or after 1 January 2021, he/she will be required to submit the new application for employment form (Z83) which can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies. From 1 January 2021 should an application be received using the incorrect application form employment (Z83), it will not be considered. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy and a CV must be attached. Original certification should be not more than six months. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications can be delivered to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive, Ga-Rankuwa, 0208 Nurses Home Block 13 (HR Registry) or posted to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or Apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check (PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital
Closing Date: 20-08-2021
|Do you have a basic R425 (i.e. diploma/ degree in nursing) or equivalent qualification that allows registration with the South African Nursing Council (SANC) as Professional Nurse?|
|Are you registered with the SANC as a Professional Nurse and have proof of current registration?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.