POST 04/84: PRINCIPAL WATER PLANT SUPERINTENDENT
REF NO: 150219/11 NWRI Central Operations Usutu Eastern Transvaal
SALARY: R242 475 per annum (Level 07)
CENTRE: Jericho Dam (Usutu River) -Khutala Pump Station
- A Grade 12 certificate and certificate in Water Plant Treatment and supervisory experience as a Senior Water Plant Superintendent.
- Computer literacy.
- Experience in the supervision of staff.
- Knowledge in controlling and managing the water distribution for all Government Waterworks within the Area Office of jurisdiction.
- Policy implementation.
- Knowledge of flood controlling.
- Monitoring and evaluation principles. Knowledge in managing human resources.
- Disciplinary knowledge in Occupational Health and Safety.
- Disciplinary knowledge in public administration.
- Knowledge in supporting water utilisation and water resource strategy.
- Understanding of Government legislation.
- A valid driver’s license (attach a certified copy).
- Pump station certificate.
- Water plant operation and waste water treatment certificate.
- One (1) to two (2) years in bulk water pumping or related experience.
- Ensure reliable operation of pump stations, reservoirs and related equipment.
- Effective operation of plant machinery and installations.
- Ensure that operational requirements are maintained at pre-determined standards at all times.
- Pipeline maintenance.
- Report faults on installations and machinery.
- Adhere to standard operation procedures.
- Enforce compliance to the OHS Act in the work place.
- Meet customer expectations and requirements
- Effective human resources and performance management.
- Provide on the job training to subordinates.
- Management of reservoirs levels.
- Understanding of pump station operation and first line maintenance.
ENQUIRIES: Mr ME Sehume Tel No: (017) 846 6000
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications to the Acting Scheme Manager Central Operations NWRI, Department of Water and Sanitation, Private Bag X 1004, Usutu River, Amsterdam, 2375.
ATTENTION: Thomo K.E
CLOSING DATE: 15 February 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.