Power Fashion | Sourcing Specialist X1
To ensure the provision of world- class sourcing of merchandise and suppliers to support the merchandise strategy and eliminate unnecessary cost thereby delivering best value to delight our customers.
– On the ground sourcing at origin to find the right supplier to deliver the right product, at the right price, to be delivered to the right place, at the right time.
– Supervise the sourcing function to achieve KPI’s.
– You coordinate between merchants and suppliers to establish feasibility and the capability of suppliers to deliver on merchant requirements – with a focus on responsible, low cost merchandise from a sustainable source.
– Improve supplier performance through development and management.
– Develop and monitor corrective action plans to drive continuous improvement and compliance.
– Collaborate with the merchants to implement strategy and ensure placement of orders with complaint and sustainable supply partners.
– Research and share information related to ethical trade, sourcing and supply chain best practices.
– Investigate the value chain for opportunities to maintain and increase the use of sustainable produced materials and recyclable products where the price architecture permits.
– Manage and execute product benchmark exercises as required to ensure price and quality excellence.
– A completed degree or diploma preferably in Procurement, Sourcing or Clothing Management
– 1-3 years sourcing experience
– MS office (Excel)
– Negotiation Skills
– Knowledge and understanding of: Corporate Social Responsibility; Sustainable practices; fabric technology; raw materials and manufacturing
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; sheetstreet, mrpmoney, and Power Fashion
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African-based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.