Table of Contents
POST BASIC PHARMACIST ASSISTANT X2
- Reference Number: REFS/015129
- Directorate: PHARMACY
- Number of Posts: 2
- Package: R 211 509.00 p/a plus benefits
- Enquiries: Mutangwa V.J Tel: 011 953 1898
- Qualified Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant, Registration with SAPC, Current Proof of payment with SAPC. Good communication and interpersonal skills, Basic knowledge of the pharmaceutical process, relevant legislation and policies, record keeping and drug supply management. The desire and ability to work effectively in a team. Driver’s licence will also be an added advantage.
- The incumbent will work under indirect or direct supervision of the pharmacist. Read and check the prescription for legality, authenticity and validity. Pre-pack, dispense and issue medication as per the prescription following the EML (STG)/ EM guidance. Educate the patients on the correct use and storage of medication. Drug supply management which includes fore-casting, ordering, receiving and packing of stock according to good pharmacy practice (FIFO and FEFO method). Management of the cold chain items in the facilities. Support the National department of health programmes, reporting of stock on hand using SVS (Stock Visibility Solution). Assist in implementing the NAS (National Adherence Strategy) in the facility. Assisting in implementation of the Dablapmeds (CCMDD) Central Chronic Medicines Dispensing and Distribution programme
- A fully completed and signed new z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents) should be accompanied by comprehensive CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above. Please ensure that the reference number is quoted correctly. Only the shortlisted candidates’ will be required to submit certified documents before interviews. Persons in possession of foreign qualification must furnish the Department with the evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Failure to submit the required documents will result in shortlisted candidates disqualified. Shortlisted candidates will be subjected to positive results of the security clearance process (criminal records check) and the educational qualifications verification. The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and Maintenance of diversity and equity employment, Whites, coloured and people with disability are encouraged to apply. Applications received on the old Z83 application form will, not be considered. Applications must be posted to HR in West Rand District. Private Bag X2053 Krugersdorp, 1740 or Deliver to HR Westrand Health District, Cnr Vlei and Luipaard Street, Krugersdorp 1740. The institution reserves the right not to fill the post. Suitable candidates will be subjected to Occupational Health and safety medical surveillance as required in the Hazardous Biological Agents and Hazardous chemical substances. Regulations with the OHS Act 85 of 1993.
- NB: FLEXIBILITY IN BEING ALLOCATED TO ANY OF THE SUB-DISTRICT IN WEST RAND.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: WESTRAND DISTRICT (MOGALE SUB-DISTRICT)
Closing Date: 14-10-2022
|Are you a Qualified Post Basic Pharmacist Assistant?|
|Are you a Registered with SAPC?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.