POST 07/51: SENIOR WATER PLANT SUPERINTENDENT X16 POSTS (BOSCHKOP X7, TUGELA X1, KOMATI X3, RIETFONTEIN X2, GROOTDRAAI PUMP STATION X3)
REF NO: 080319/20
SALARY: R196 407 per annum, (Level 06)
CENTRE: IBOM Central Operations Usutu Vaal: Standerton
- Grade 12 and Certificate in Water Plant treatment.
- Computer literate.
- A valid driver’s license. (Attached certified copy).
- Good communication skills (verbal and written).
- Knowledge of dam safety legislation, OHS Act and its implementation. Knowledge in supporting water utilisation and water resource strategy.
- Knowledge of flood control.
- Experience in shift work.
- Water and Waste Treatment and Pump Station certificate will be an added advantage.
- Operate plant machinery and installations.
- Check machinery and report faults.
- Recovery of logbooks.
- Inspect pipe lines, perform stand-by and overtime duties.
- Carry out to OHS and safety regulations.
- Record dam levels, rainfall readings, lightning counter, and condensation tank and supervise staff.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. DJ Mbokazi, Tel No: 017 712 9400.
APPLICATIONS: Please forward your applications quoting the relevant reference number to: The Area Manager, Department of Water and Sanitation Private Bag X 2021, Standerton, 2430.
ATTENTION: Ms P. Myeni
CLOSING DATE: 08 March 2019
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on a signed and dated Z83 form, obtainable from any Public Service Department, and should be accompanied by a comprehensive CV as well as certified copies of qualifications and Identity document. No late, faxed or e-mailed applications will be accepted. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not heard from us within two (2) months of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Preference will be given to previously disadvantage groups. Successful applicants will be required to undergo standard Government security clearance procedures including verification of qualifications. Should you be in a possession of a foreign qualification(s), it must be accompanied by an evaluation from South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). “All SMS shortlisted candidates will be subjected to a technical exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which will be communicated by the department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend a generic managerial competency assessment (in compliance with the DPSA Directive on the implementation of competency based assessments). The competency assessment will be testing generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools” People with disabilities are encouraged to apply for the posts. People who are not employed by the Public Service Departments are welcomed to apply for posts. The department reserves the right not to make an appointment.
NB: Please share this with WhatsApp