Porters (2 Posts)
- Reference Number : refs/008954
- Directorate : Admission Department
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : 102 534.00 p.a(Plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Ms Vilakazi T(011)898 8265
- Minimum ABET Level 2, Grade 6 or equivalent qualification. Ability to work under pressure. Be prepared to work shifts and ability to read and write. Must have ability to work independently. Good communication and interpersonal skills. Prepared to work in various areas within the logistic department. Previous porter experience will be added as advantage.
- Transportation of patients to and from different sections of the hospital. Accompany walking patients both mobile and immobile per wheelchair and /or stretcher trolley from reception to the wards, inter wards theatre, various treatment centres etc. Give routes direction or accompany visitors to various destinations within the hospital. Assist with the loading of patient`s in/out of Ambulance & vehicles. Render assistance to Nursing staff with the transfer of patients to beds/trolleys and vice versa. Transport corpse from wards to mortuary daily. Responsible for the cleaning of wheelchairs/trolleys etc. Responsible to check the oxygen cylinders on the emergency trolleys daily and to replace when they are empty. Signing on and off in the register. Do any other duties authorized by the supervisor.
- Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents) accompanied by a comprehensive CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above, and certified copies of ID and qualifications. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of foreign qualification must furnish the Department with the evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered. Disabled, Whites and coloured people are encouraged to apply. The candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications can be forwarded to the Recruitment Officer (Room 122), HR Department, Tambo Memorial Hospital, Private Bag X2, Boksburg, 1459. Physical Address: Railway Street, Boksburg, 1459. NB: The closing time on the closing date will be 12h00.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Tambo Memorial Hospital
Closing Date: 08-06-2021
|Do you have Abet Level 2, Grade 6 or equivalent qualification?|
|Able to work shifts, weekends and public holidays and under pressure?|
|Able to read and write?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.