- Reference Number: Refs/012534
- Directorate: Patient Affairs
- Number of Posts: 8
- Package: R 102,534.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Ms D.G Mdakana Tel No: 011 411 3823
- Minimum Grade 10 certificate / equivalent. Experience in a hospital environment will be an added advantage. Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be willing work shifts and under pressure. Sound knowledge of customer care. Good understanding of Batho Pele Principles. Be able to read and write English.
- Offloading of patients from the ambulance and private cars to the stretchers and wheelchairs. Transport patients from Emergency Department to different clinical areas within the hospital. Maintaining of acceptable waiting time when carrying out portering service. Ensure that the patient is handed to a nurse and is not left unattended. Transport corpora from the wards to mortuary covered accordingly to avoid spreading fear to the public. Cleaning of stretchers and wheelchairs after usage regularly. Report all faulty or broken equipment to your supervisor immediately. Perform any law and reasonable duties allocated by supervisor.
- Applications should be hand-delivered to Leratong Hospital: Human resource Department: Block 6 no 1 Adcock Street, Chamdor, Krugersdorp, 1740 or posted to Leratong Hospital: Human Resource, Private Bag X2078, Krugersdorp 1740. The application should be delivered by 12h00 (Noon) on the closing date. The application must be submitted on a fully completed New Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents. The completed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated and signed CV as well as certified copies of all qualification/s and ID documents (no copies of certified copies allowed, certification should not be more than 3 months old). Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants as required by the Occupational and Safety Act 5/1993. People with disability are welcome to apply. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority(SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to a security screening and vetting process. Applications received after closing date will not be accepted. Leratong Hospital reserves the right to utilise practical exercises/tests for Non -SMS positions during the recruitment process to determine the suitability of candidates for the post(s). The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Please Note: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know. Applications should be submitted at Leratong Hospital Human Resource.
Employer: Department of Health
Location : Leratong Hospital
Closing Date: 26-11-2021
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.