Porter (Shift worker Day and Night) COVID-19 Contract (10 POSTS)
- Reference Number: refs/006157
- Directorate: Patient Administration
- Number of posts: 10
- Package: R 102 534.00 plus 37% in lieu of benefits
- Enquiries: Mr. T Hlongwane, Tel: 012 529 3154
- Abet Training, Grade 10 or Standard 8. Ability to read and write. Experience in a hospital environment. Good physical health, good interpersonal relations. Good communication skills. Exposure to a hospital environment. Comply to all Health and Safety rules and always putting on provided uniform and safety clothing at all times. Always wearing you identity name tag when executing your official duties
- Load and off-load patients from ambulances and private vehicles onto the stretchers and wheelchairs. Accompany ambulant patients to Out-Patients at the directive of Nursing personnel or supervisor. Transport corps to the Mortuary as and when requested so. Collect amputation and placentas to the Mortuary when there is a need or requested so by seniors. Fetching patients from the ward to other clinical areas and to taxis outside the hospital. Clean stretchers and wheelchairs and prepare for re-use. Recording of patients’ movement from one point to another as a directive from your supervisors and nursing personnel. Assisting Clinicians and Nursing in the transportation of patients as requested so. Ensuring cleanliness of all stretchers and wheelchairs and timeous reporting of faulty equipment to your Principals. Always ensure that clean linen is separated from soiled linen to prevent cross-infection. Fold soiled linen and place it into laundry bags. Place clean linen on stretchers. Perform any other Portering tasks as delegated by the supervisor.
- NB: CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender, and disability. The application must be submitted on Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy, and a CV must be attached. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications must be delivered to: Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive Ga-Rankuwa, 0208, Nurses Home Block 13 (HR Registry) or posted to Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Checks (PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the Department. This verification process entails reference checks, identify verification, qualifications verification, criminal record checks. The successful candidate will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993. Correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Dr George Mukhari Academic Hospital
Closing Date: 15-03-2021
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.