PORTER LEVEL 2 (2 POSTS)
- Reference Number : refs/012230
- Directorate : Patients Affairs Department
- Number of Posts : 2
- Package : R102 534.00 – R120 780.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr. KP Ramasodi; Tel No (012) 318-6761
- Minimum of Grade 10 / ABET level 4 certificate and above (original school report/transcript). Must be able to cope with the physical demands of the position. Proven previous experience as a Porter will be an added advantage. Attach stamped testimonial from the Supervisor. Adhere to Occupational Health and Safety Regulations and Prevention and Control principles. Be prepared to rotate and operate as a reliever in all sections when requested. Execute any other legal duties / instructions given by the supervisor. Willing to work shifts, weekends, public holidays and nights. Be able to work in a team and under pressure. Skills: Communication skills, telephone etiquette and interpersonal relations. Sound knowledge of Batho Pele principles. Time management and strong customer service skills.
- Accompanying patients on wheelchairs and patients trolleys. Offloading emergency patients from ambulances and private cars and transporting them to casualty and wards. Ensure that stretchers and wheelchairs are collected from corridors and washed daily. Wheel empty beds or stretchers as per request. Completion of the ambulance book with patients’ details. Collection of corpses from casualty, ICU, High Care and wards to mortuary. Signing of mortuary slips and making sure that corpses are labelled correctly. Checking of mortuary fridge gauges before storing corpse in the fridge. Segregate generated waste according to Infection Prevention and Control guidelines. Collecting of unused equipment around the hospital and reporting of lost, damaged or dysfunctional equipment. Cleaning of equipment at all times, preparing them for re-use and covering stretchers with clean linen. Comply with Occupational Health Standards (OHS) and infection control. Wearing of nametags for identification purposes is compulsory. Execute any legal instructions or duties given by Superior(s).
- Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply, however, the nature of disability will be considered for the job. Applications must be filled on a new Z83 form effective from 1 January 2021 accompanied by a CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above; and Required documents need not be certified when applying for a post, only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following communication from HR. Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements will not be considered. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to a security screening and vetting process Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications must be submitted to: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in register book or apply online at www.professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date: 29-10-2021
|Do you have at least a Grade 10 / ABET level 4 certificate?|
|Do you have proven previous experience as a Porter?|
|Are you willing to work shifts, weekends, public holidays, and nights?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.