PORTER (4 POSTS)
- Reference Number: refs/008691
- Directorate: PATIENT ADMINISTRATION AND SUPPORT
- Number of posts: 4
- Package: R 102 534.00 -R 120 780.00
- Enquiries: MR JT HLONGWANE
- CONTACT NO: 012 529 3154
- A minimum of Grade 10 or Abet level 04. Ability to read and write. A minimum of 1-year hospital Porters experiences environment. good physical health, good interpersonal relations. Good communication skills (written and verbal). knowledge of pottering, mortuary services, and patient safety. Knowledge of code of conduct. hospital pottering services will be an added advantage. ability to work shifts and extended hours. Adhere to occupational health and safety regulations as well as infection prevention and control principles. Ability to work under pressure.
- Loading and off-loading patients from the private cars to the relevant treatment area. Accompany ambulant patients to our patients at the directive of nursing personnel or supervisor. Fetching patients from the other clinical areas and to taxis outside the hospital. Recording of patient’s movement from one point to another as a directive from the supervisors and nursing personnel. Transport patients by means of golf carts, stretchers, and wheelchairs from treatment areas and accident and emergency units to various wards. Render assistant to nursing staff with the transfer of patients by means of stretchers, wheelchairs, and beds to various wards. Collecting and transport copses, amputations, and placentas from the wards, theatre to the mortuary. Collecting and cleaning stretchers and covering clean sheets onto stretchers. Fold soiled linen and place it into laundry bags. Always ensure that clean linen is separated from soiled linen to prevent cross-infection. Perform all other duties allocated to you by the supervisor and manager.
- •NB: CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE. The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender, and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new updated Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full, failure to do so will result in your application being not considered. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy, and a CV must be attached. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications can be delivered to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive, Ga-Rankuwa, 0208 Nurses Home Block 13(HR Registry) or posted to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or Apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za.It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check(PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records checks. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: DR GEORGE MUKHARI ACADEMIC HOSPITAL
Closing Date: 11-05-2021
|Do you a minimum of Grade 10 or Abet Level 04|
|Do you have a minimum of 1 year’s hospital porters experience?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.