POST 08/28: PLACEMENT ADMINISTRATION CLERK
REF NO: MTVET 05/2019 (X2 POSTS)
Nature of Post: Permanent (Council Appointment)
SALARY: R163 563 per annum (Level 05) plus applicable service benefits
CENTRE: Student Support Services
- Grade 12/Senior Certificate or NC (V) Level 4 or equivalent qualification PLUS a three year Diploma/N Diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Have extensive experience on national guidelines of WIL, understanding all SETA processes with reference to placement of learners.
- Have knowledge and understanding of the TVET sector and its Student Support Framework.
- Experience in rendering a support service to senior management.
- Knowledge of relevant policies. Language skills, Computer skills, Good telephone etiquette, Good people skills, Ability to act with tact and discretion, Self-management and motivation.
- Assist the Work Placement Officer in fulfilling duties pertaining to work placements and other related functions.
- Monitoring the progress of work placement through the college.
- Attend work placement meeting with various stakeholders. Conduct. Support the development and maintenance of a database of appropriate host employers and industry links.
- Conduct placements visit to monitor the progress of students and deals with effectively with any issues or concern that may arise.
- Ensures the effective flow of information and documents to and from the office to stakeholders.
- Ensures a safekeeping of all documentation in the office of the manager in line with relevant registrations and policies.
- Obtain input, collate and compile reports. Scrutinize routine submissions/reports and make notes and/or recommendations for the manager.
- Respond to enquiries received from internal and external stakeholders.
- Draft documents as required.
- Do filing of documents for the manager and units where required.
- Collects analyses and collates information requested by the supervisor.
- Communicate effectively with interns; 26 host employers, SETAs and various stakeholders on the work. Arranging preparation for work readiness workshops and issuing work log-books to students.
- Ensure that the orientation and induction of interns and host employers happen so that they understand the work placement process, the level of support available and are fully equipped to undertake successfully work placement.
ENQUIRIES: HR Unit at (036) 631 0360
Mnambithi TVET College, HR Unit, Private Bag X9903, Ladysmith, 3370. Alternatively, applications can be hand-delivered to Central Office, 77 Murchison Street, Ladysmith, 3370 NOTE : Candidates who wish to apply must forward certified copies of qualifications, ID copy, driver’s license, comprehensive CV and fully completed Z83 forms (obtainable from all Government Departments), clearly indicating the post being applied for, quoting the relevant reference number on the Z83. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure that his/her foreign qualifications have been verified by South African Qualifications Authority and DHET. Due to a large number of applications anticipated, correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates. The applicants who have not been contacted within 3 months after the closing date should regard their applications as unsuccessful. The College reserves the right not to fill posts. Mnambithi TVET College is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
CLOSING DATE : 15 March 2019 at 12:00
NB: please share this with WhatsApp!