The Road Accident Fund’s mission is to provide appropriate cover to all road users within the borders of South Africa; to rehabilitate and compensate persons injured as a result of motor vehicle accidents in a timely and caring manner; and to actively promote safe use of our roads.
The Organisation requires the services of a qualified individual at its Durban Regional Office for the position:
THIS IS AN INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL ADVERTISEMENT
OFFICER BILL REVIEW: T.A.S.K GRADE 10
Purpose of the Job: Review of Medical Bills.
Key Performance Areas
- Audit & review medical bills.
- Promote good working relations with Stake Holders.
- Approve medical expenses in accordance with relevant DOA.
- Assisting in technical aspects of bill review.
- Check & approve Payments
- Determine the level of care based on functional ability.
- Pre authorisation of procedures.
Qualifications and Experience
- NQF 6 (National Diploma or Advanced Certificate) in Nursing or Allied Health Professions or related qualification to discipline.
- NQF 7 (Bachelor’s Degree or Advanced Diploma) in Nursing/ Allied Professions related qualification to discipline will be an added advantage
- Registration with the relevant Health professions council.
- Relevant 3 years’ experience in a Medical Field.
Technical and behavioral competencies required:
- Personal mastery
- Emotional wisdom
- Ethics and governance
- Customer orientation and customer focus
- Computer literacy.
- Ability to interpret the rules of the UPFS tariffs.
- Analytical skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Planning and organizing
- Decision making
- Negotiation skills
A total cost to company of minimum remuneration package applicable to this position is R349 998.00 per annum and will be negotiable commensurate with experience.
Closing date: 11 February 2020
APPLICATIONS CAN BE FORWARDED FOR ATTENTION OF THE RECRUITMENT OFFICER AT: Durbanrecruitment@raf.co.za OR Hand delivered at 12th Floor Embassy Building, 199 Anton Lembede (Smith Street), Durban.
NB: “RAF offers Total Employment Cost packages with no contributions from the Employer, successful candidates are required to structure their packages in manner that will suit their needs”.
INSTRUCTION TO PROSPECTIVE APPLICANTS
- Indicate the name and the reference number for the position you are applying for on the subject line
- Do not submit copies of qualifications and ID as these will be requested from shortlisted candidates on the interview date
- Preference will be given to people with disabilities
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof for such evaluation
- Submit a short CV with a maximum of 5 pages
Please quote Health Council membership registration number on application.
The Road Accident Fund subscribes to the principles of employment equity and preference will be given to groups who are under represented in terms of our Employment Equity Plan
Please note that the prospective employees will be subjected to security vetting
NB: Applicants who have not received any correspondence from us within six weeks from the closing date can consider themselves unsuccessful
NB: It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA) and to provide proof of such