NPD Buyer ( 6 Months FTC) – Front Shop Beauty [Clicks]
To drive a brand strategy and product development pipeline across divisions that will optimise the growth and profitability of â€˜collaboration brandsâ€™ e.g. Sorbet and future new brands. Execute the development of an insight-led product strategy and NPD pipeline to meet our brand, customer and commercial goals.
• Action analysis of sales and trend reports internally and externally to guide product development and focus areas
• Execute the creative briefing of the brand look at feel for each range and sign off development across buyers for quality and strategy execution
• Implement the creative packaging, with our inhouse agency and the brand. To get sign off from management and the brand, and then ensure correct implementation.
• To be responsible for quality, health and safety across all Private Label product development for these brands by adhering to legislation and NPD approval process to protect the Brand reputation and financial impact on the business. Work in partnership with our in-house technical teams, NPD buyers and suppliers to deliver the NPD plan including motivating claims and compelling proof that our products work
• To ensure that the brand is well represented in store in appearance and suitability of store profile
• Work with a cross brand and category mindset and in partnership with the collaborative brand team to influence and engaged with all relevant stakeholders including executives to get the strategy and development plans approved, space allocated, and launch dates, promotions and GP targets agreed.
• Develop and inspire the planners, buyers and technologists you work with, to make sure they achieve the Sorbet brand goals as well as supporting the wider brand and business.
• To provide status updates on product development projects in order to ensure timeous product launches.
New product development
• Reviewing market trends, identify innovative opportunities and conduct gap analysis, in line with Clicks product principles in order to provide a three year rolling product development plan. The plan to ensure competitive advantage and create brand loyalty to increase market share and profitability.
• To source from local and international suppliers, prepare detailed briefs and ensure a fair tender process is followed to deliver innovation and increased profitability in Private label brands.
• Planning, executing and monitoring product development projects according to the NPD Process in line with the critical path to meet the category Private Label objectives and targets.
• To collate Private Label training material through suppliers and conduct and organise training in stores.
• To collate information and score supplier capabilities against core criteria to assist with developing strategic supplier partnerships.
• To ensure Private Label profitability targets are met through effective cost price negotiations and margin management prior to Private Label product launches.
• Present the brand in reviews and media events, to board, management and media.
• To collaborate with the Brand Manager to develop brand marketing strategies to align with the objectives and targets of the category operating plan. Liaise with Clicks and Sorbet Brand Marketing team on a day-to-day basis to ensure we have a strong and differentiated plan to bring our innovation to life and deliver results.
• To work with our promotions team and creative to ensure brand promotional events are communicated to buyers, ad sheets are approved and creative are influenced.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills, Abilities, Job Related Knowledge / Essential Competencies
• Understanding of buying business processes
• Knowledge of new product development processes
• Knowledge of market trends and competitor analysis
• Knowledge of margin calculations
• Knowledge of private label quality standards and procedures
• Knowledge of consumer protection act
• Knowledge of product legislation
Job Related Skills:
• Analytical and Interpretive skills
• Negotiating skills
• Creating and conceptualising
• Building relationships
• Essential: Product development buyer 1-3 years
• Essential: Sourcing Buyer
• Desirable: Negotiations with overseas vendors
• Essential: Diploma in Product Development
Essential Competency Requirements:
• Relating and Networking
• Persuading and Influencing
• Presenting and Communicating Information
• Creating and Innovating
• Coping with Pressures and Setbacks
• Achieving Personal Work Goals and Objectives
• Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking