Table of Contents
Nexio | Intermediate Software Developer – 6 Months Contract
A Software Developer plays a key role in the design, installation, testing and maintenance of software systems with the aim of generating efficiencies.
SCOPE OF WORK: DELIVERABLES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACTIVITIES
- Researching, designing, developing, implementing and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Working to analyze and identify bugs and implementing methods to fix them.
- Monitoring and analyzing the overall performance of internal systems and software builds.
- Efficiently responding to requests for assistance from the development team.
- Investigating and liaising with customers to gain information about the program’s overall function and ends user experience.
- Responsible for the writing of reports for presentation to Senior Developers and management.
- Testing developed software and programs to ensure the best functionality
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field an advantage
- Information Technology, or other related fields6 months of experience in either a work experience program or an internship/apprenticeship
- Good understanding of basic coding languages
- Basic programming experience through an internship, apprenticeship, or through own projects
- Basic understanding of databases and how they work
- Proficient in the use of email systems and Microsoft Office software
- Able to quickly learn new software, programming languages, and technologies
- Excellent listening skills with the ability to follow instructions
- Great team working skills
- Outstanding attention to detail with great organizational skills
- Proven experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Experience with software design and development in a test-driven environment
- Ability to develop making use of PHP and HTML
- Ability to learn new languages and technologies
Personal Attributes and Skills Required
- Knowledge and interest in computer systems and the latest technologies
- The ability to learn new languages and technologies quickly
- An analytical mind
- Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
- The ability to communicate complex procedures to other colleagues
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Attention to detail and a desire to probe further into data
- A natural curiosity
- The ability to work in a team and to be proactive around self-learning
- The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Willingness to assist with additional tasks given to the team
- Excellent time management
- Be prepared to work irregular hours if required