Nedbank | Team Leader X1
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO INDIVIDUALS FROM UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS
Closing Date: 29 July 2021
Job Requisition: 110946 – Melissa Cloete
Nedbank Wealth Cluster – Wealth Management SA – Stockbroking Division
To support business objectives by managing fulfilment of requests from clients and staff in order to achieve business results with effective level of client satisfaction and risk management
- Manage financial losses by ensuring correctness, the accuracy of flow of information
- Ensure achievement of financial targets by meeting client service standards and efficiencies
- Serve subordinates by effective performance management i.e. managing top and underperformers
- Build and maintain warm working relationships with peers and managers through regular interaction and teamwork.
- Ensure sound relationships with external stakeholders by managing client and stakeholder expectations through appropriate communication and forums.
- Ensure effectiveness of processes by tracking, measuring and analyzing data relating to work processes.
- Check and ensure capacity meets business requirements by effectively planning for demand.
- Ensure team efficiency by monitoring productivity and highlight inefficiencies in processes.
- Improve efficiency by looking at ways of re-engineering processes.
- Manage service level agreements with all stakeholders through regular monitoring of efficiencies and engagement with stakeholders.
- Ensure delivery by using the correct systems and access levels.
- Manage performance of staff by implementing performance agreements, ensuring a clear vision, agreeing on goals and objectives, providing regular feedback on performance, recognizing and rewarding achievement and take appropriate corrective action where required.
- Mentor and coach staff on identified performance gaps by discussing these performance gaps and agree on appropriate action to be taken.
- Create an environment to motivate staff to perform and contribute to the success of the business by creating an environment of teamwork through engaging with staff (sharing information) and encouraging participation in decision-making processes.
- Stay abreast in the field of expertise and deliver on the expectations from stakeholders by building the capability of self and staff through identifying current and future training and development needs.
- Contribute to team effectiveness by following the recruitment process when recruiting talent.
- Ensure that development plans for self and team are implemented and met
- Maintain a capable high performing team and ensure an environment for optimal performance is created by identifying talent pool through conducting career conversations, utilizing the talent grid principles and developing talent retention programmes.
- Ensure self and staff understand and embrace the Nedbank Vision and Values by leading by example and re-enforcing values during meetings.
- Manage the onboarding process of new employees by ensuring the execution of preparations according to the onboarding checklist.
- Ensure transformational targets are met for own team through consideration of targets during the staff recruitment, retention and training process and utilizing suppliers listed on the preferred supplier list.
- Address issues raised in culture surveys by participating in the development and implementation of action plans.
- Create a client service culture through various required interventions.
- Support and encourage staff to participate and support corporate responsibility initiatives.
- Achieve operational excellence by supporting the implementation of business optimization improvement through team engagement.
- Encourage the team to generate innovative ideas and share knowledge.
Essential Qualifications – NQF Level
- Matric / Grade 12 / National Senior Certificate
- Advanced Diplomas/National 1st Degrees
Financial Markets Certificate
ACI, Registered Persons Exam (RPE)
Type of Exposure
- Managing a team of managers
- Developing succession plans
- Formulating and implementing communication strategies to cascade functional strategies
- Building a community of leaders
- Conducting benchmarking and analysis to investigate improvement opportunities
- Identifying/selecting talent
- Executing major organizational change
- Developing a divisional strategy plan
- Networking and building relationships
- Developing a stakeholder management grid for the business
- Establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with peers/managers
- Assisting/Developing resource plans to execute functional strategies
- Managing a department or area
- Making financial decisions
Minimum Experience Level
7 years in financial markets and 3 years in a managerial role.
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Strategic planning
- Financial Accounting Principles
- Performance management
- Business administration and management
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Communication Strategies
- Staff resource planning
- Operations planning
- Employee training/development
- Diversity management
- Relevant Nedbank product knowledge
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Governance, Risk, and Controls
- Change management
- Principles of project management
- Business writing skills
- Management information and reporting principles, tools, and mechanisms
- Service level agreements
- Consumer behaviour
- Client Service Management
- Client service principles
- Organizational systems
- Building Partnerships
- Planning and Organizing
- Building talent
- Delegation and Empowerment
- Leading Change
Please contact the Nedbank Recruiting Team at +27 860 555 566