Nedbank | Internship Opportunity 2022
Location: Johannesburg, ZA
To assist with the implementation of the business investment philosophy through data analysis, research, and support functions in line with Nedbank Group strategy, through the Nedbank Corporate and Investment Banking (NCIB) Graduate Programme
- Seek opportunities to improve business processes; models and systems by identifying and recommending effective ways to operate and adding value to Nedbank.
- Develop and use collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals.
- Make investment recommendations by using quantitative and qualitative analysis Identify and interpret relevant information using logic to seek cause and effect relationships.
- Contribute to a culture conducive to the achievement of transformation goals by participating in Nedbank Culture building initiatives (e.g. staff surveys etc).
- Participate in and support corporate social responsibility initiatives for the achievement of key business strategies.
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance processes; systems and policies and support implementation of new processes; policies and systems.
- Evaluate the performance of fund/investment through regular financial performance reviews.
- Develop software proficiency to deliver required outputs.
- Develop sound product and industry knowledge and understanding the regulatory framework.
- Understand and embrace the Nedbank vision and demonstrate the values through interaction with the team and stakeholders.
- Improve personal capability and stay abreast of developments in the field of expertise by identifying training courses and career progression for self through input and feedback from managers
- Ensure personal growth and enable effectiveness in performance of roles and responsibilities by ensuring all learning activities are completed; experience practiced and certifications obtained and/or maintained within specified time frames.
Completed Postgraduate OR currently registered in the final year to complete the 4-year degree with majors in:
- Computer science (data-driven disciplines),
- Information Technology
- Data Analytics
Type of Exposure
- Analyzing situations or data that requires an in-depth evaluation of multiple factors
- Influencing stakeholders to obtain buy-in for concepts and ideas
- Working in an agile environment with a group to identify alternative solutions to a problem
- Interacting with diverse people
- Building and maintaining effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Interacting with various levels of management
- Managing multiple projects
Technical / Professional Knowledge
- Banking procedures
- Business principles
- Business terms and definitions
- Data analysis
- Governance, Risk, and Controls
- Microsoft Office
- Relevant regulatory knowledge
- Business writing skills
- Cluster Specific Operational Knowledge
- Applied Learning
- Customer Focus
- Work Standards
- Managing Work
- Technical/Professional Knowledge and Skills