Table of Contents
NATURE CONSERVATION ASSISTANT X9
- Reference Number: refs/017558
- Directorate: Biodiversity Management
- Number of Posts: 9
- Package: R147 036.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Mr. Elvis Mpateni, Tel: 011 240 2608
- Requirements: Grade 10 certificate. A valid driver’s license will be an added advantage. Welding experience will serve as an added advantage.
- Support the resource management staff, driving of official vehicles, Maintenance of infrastructure, vehicles, and equipment, burning of firebreaks, Assistance with natural resources management that includes the management of invasive plants, Erection of fences and repairs, Soil erosion control, Game census, law enforcement patrols. Resource Management weekend duties as per schedule, basic understanding of the nature reserve terrain. The post is expected to respond emergencies as and when required.
- To apply for the above position, please apply online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ or Hand Deliver at Ground floor, Main entrance 56 Eloff Street, Umnotho House Johannesburg. The application must include only completed and signed NEW Z83 Form, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the DPSA web site link: https://www.dpsa.gov.za/newsroom/psvc/ and a detailed Curriculum Vitae. Applications submitted on an OLD Z83 form will not be accepted. Certified copies of Identity Document, Grade 12 Certificate and the highest required qualifications as well as a driver’s licence where necessary, will only be submitted by shortlisted candidates to Human Resources on or before the day of the interview date.
- Failure to do so will result in your application being disqualified. Foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation report issued by SAQA. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have all foreign qualifications evaluated by SAQA and to provide proof of such evaluation report. The Department reserves the right not to appoint. Please ensure that you submit your application before the closing date as no late applications will be considered. If you apply for more than 1 post, please submit separate applications for each post that you apply for. Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged.
- The department does not accept applications via email or fax. correspondence will be limited to shortlisted candidates only. Applicants must declare any pending criminal, disciplinary or any other allegations or investigations against them. Should this be uncovered during / after the interview took place, the application will not be considered and in the unlikely event that the person has been appointed such appointment will be terminated. The successful candidate will be appointed subject to positive results of the security clearance process. The successful candidate will be required to enter into an employment contract and sign a performance agreement with the Department. Should, during any stage of the recruitment process, a moratorium be placed on the filling of posts, or the Department is affected by any process such as, but not limited to, restructuring or reorganization of posts, the Department reserves the right to cancel the recruitment process and re-advertise the post at any time in the future.
- NB: For assistance with online applications, visit the following centres: 78 Fox Street, Marshalltown or Maponya Mall at Thuso House next to Home Affairs. It is the Department’s intention to promote retrospectivity (Race, Gender and Disability) in the Public Service through the filling of this post. It is the Department’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the Employment Equity Plan. To facilitate this process successfully, an indication of Race, Gender and Disability status is required. Female candidates are encouraged to apply in promotion of the Department’s Employment Equity and Disability targets. If you do not receive any response from us within 3 months, please accept your application was unsuccessful.
Employer: Department of Agriculture and Rural Development
Location: x2 Suikerbosrand, x2 Roodeplaat, x1Marievale, x2 Abe Bailey, x2 Leeuwfontein Nature Reserves
Closing Date: 14-07-2023
|Do you have a Grade 10 qualification?|
|Do you have welding experience?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.