National Bargaining Council | TEMPORARY AGENT POST X9
Closing Date 06 October 2021
Is to ensure that all companies falling in the Council scope of registration are registered and compliant with all agreements of the NBCRFLI that are promulgated by the Minister of Labour in terms of the LRA.
- Promote, monitor and enforce compliance with all Collective Agreements by investigating and searching, determining jurisdiction for companies that are operating in the registered scope of the Council, registering or opening cases where companies refuse to register.
- Interpretation of all clauses of the Main Collective Agreements in order to enforce all Council Agreements and issue Compliance Orders to companies that are non-compliant.
- Calculate and determine the amounts owing to Council as a result of non-compliance, conciliate disputes on non-compliance and issue a certificate of outcomes if the dispute is unresolved for the case to be referred to Arbitration for independent Commissioner to Arbitrate.
- Conduct full inspection i.e. full inspection, logbook inspection, educational inspection and demarcation disputes inspection in loco and issue findings report.
- Discuss and explain inspection reports with stakeholders in order to avoid future non-compliance.
- Receive complainant cases to Investigate for enforcement, decide on the appropriate form of investigation to be undertaken and ensure quality case investigations within the prescribed period
- Attend to enquiries and requests related to the role and purpose of the Council and other matters related to the collective agreements and applicable legislation
- Lead Enforcement cases already referred to Arbitration and ensure successful Prosecution of cases during arbitration
- Serving of circulars and marketing material to stakeholders during company visits and ensuring that all stakeholders regard the NBCRFLI as a valuable partner
- Prepare and submit weekly activity reports.
- Planning and organising of daily, weekly and monthly enforcement activities.
- Perform perception surveys with Stakeholders.
- Negotiate, Drafting and signing of a settlement agreement with employer representatives and submit such agreement to commissioners for approval as an Arbitration award.
- Cost centre management and control of cost items related to the function.
- Resolve all unresolved queries and problems from Fund Admin, Dispute, Arbitration, Litigation, Client Services, Returns Control & Membership Department related to allocated companies with employer representatives
- Execute (Serve to companies) legal documents such as compliance orders, a notice of arbitration, writ of execution, membership queries and awards
- Training and Educating Industry HR Practitioners and employees in relation to Council online system and application and or provisions of Agreements.
- Scrutinize all electronically generated exception reports, check, investigate and issue manual Compliance orders that were necessary and report appropriate actions where relevant.
- Address mass employee gatherings on Agreement and compliance-related issues.
- Building stakeholder relationships with the company and employee representatives and at all times conducting oneself in an objective and fair manner.
- Being a Custodian of the NBCRFLI image and reputation, conduct oneself in a manner which will promote aforesaid. (We are in agreement with the proposals).
- Knowledge of all Labour Legislation and Bargaining Council’s Collective Agreements
- Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration skills
- Computer literacy
- Conflict resolution skills
- Driver’s licence
- Strong analytical skills
- Customer Relations
- Conflict Handling
- Strong communication and persuasion skills
- Inspire confidence
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High levels of competence in problem-solving
- Mediation Skills
- Conflict resolution and prevention skills
- Attention to detail
Education & Qualification:
- Grade 12
- Post-Matric Qualification with a minimum of three years of study in Labour Law or Human Resource Management and relevant 2-3 years of work experience.
Remuneration Grade: C3
It is the Council’s intention to promote equity through the filling of all numeric targets as contained in the EE Plan, first preference will be given to African Females; African Males; Coloured Males and/or Coloured Females.
Applications: All applications accompanied by your CV’s must be forwarded to the NBCRFLI Human Resources department via the following email address before the closing date.
Should you not hear from us 30 days after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.