Mr Price Trainee Buyer Opportunity 2021
Build key knowledge and a full understanding of our entire merchandise process under the directi on of the Brand Merchant & the Talent Development Partner that will equip you to develop a category buy.
- Job Learning (Trade & Commercial Acumen):
- Apply learned knowledge & skills by demonstrating awareness of the factors which could influence the way we perform in current trade, & manage opportunities & risks accordingly, considering the impact of competitors on our business.
- Sample Management:
- Manage the department’s samples in regard to our process from Fits, through to pre-production samples (PPS’s) ensuring an accurate record of each is kept, and stored for future reference. Overseas samples require tagging post-trip and storage for use in Strategies, reviews, and assortment building processes.
- Job Learning (Seasonal Strategy):
- Learn to create a seasonal strategy in collaboration with planning in order to plan the product assortment, spend allocation, supplier plan, and marketing focus for the season, to achieve the company’s strategic objectives.
- Job Learning (Assortment Building):
- Learn to prepare and present a well-considered product assortment according to the seasonal strategy.
- Ensure orders are captured on the system in time to ensure our buying critical path process is adhered to.
- Diploma/Degree in Fashion Design or Clothing Management.
- 0-1 Year experience in Manufacturing (advantageous).
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Knowledge of garment construction, fabrics, fibers & quality.
- Mathematical skills.
- Negotiation & presentation skills.
Mr Price Group is a high-growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: Mr Price; Mr Price Home; Mr Price Sport; Miladys; Sheet Street, and Mr Price Money.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working, and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African-based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.