Mr Price – Store Leader 2021
The Mr Price division is looking for a Store Leader to lead and manage the daily operations of a store to ensure that the overall objectives, store targets, innovation initiatives, and customer service standards are met and exceeded.
- Stock Management:
- Ensure that stock is accurately received & unpacked to merchandise and replenish the sales floor.
- Monitor and manage stock levels through defined processes (stock counts, stock takes, stock loss action plans etc.) to mitigate risks (stock loss) and ensure adequate stock on hand.
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the stockroom to meet housekeeping standards.
- Authorize write-offs, breakages recalls, and returns.
- Sales Growth & Profitability:
- Analyze sales & profitability reports in-store to collaborate with management on required operational action plans, increase sales performance, and monitor store expenditure.
- Review and keep abreast of in-store product performance to provide feedback to the support center and enhance sales.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness. This may include in-store marketing, competitor shopping, partnering/participating in local events, and driving new accounts/memberships per targets (if applicable).
- Risk Management:
- Conduct compliance checks through defined processes (e.g. admin checks, store audits, visual audits, COMO (Continuous Monitoring) reports, POS reports, health & safety standards, weekly hanger counts, security etc.) to ensure and enforce overall compliance to policies and procedures.
- Customer Experience Management:
- Ensure and maintain the implementation of customer experience processes (through the execution of business instruction letters, markdowns, repricing, promotions, customer experience plans, visual standards, customer feedback, general housekeeping etc.) to meet customer service standards.
- Leadership & Development:
- Lead and drive the team within a store to achieve store KPIs and operational strategy in line with company values.
- Identify & drive training, coaching and development need with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Recruit, administer & manage performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensure implementation of Innovation initiatives from Head Office (Mpos, MRP Empower, and E-docs) to delight our customers and improve in-store processes in a more efficient manner.
- NQF level 4 (Grade 12) or equivalent
- 3 years experience in a store management position
- Knowledge/ Skills:
- Knowledge of sales & service management.
- Budgeting knowledge.
- Computer literate.
- Communication skills.
- Business understanding of retail trade, brand, customer & product.
Mr Price Group is a high-growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mr price ; mr price home; mr price sport; Miladys; sheetstreet and mr price money.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working, and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African-based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.