Mr Price Home | Buyer req7162
Are you driven, have high energy levels and extremely passionate?
Mr Price Home is on the hunt for an experienced Homeware Buyer. Your key objectives as a Buyer would be to build a balanced assortment of merchandise which appeals to our customer and ensures maximum profit for your department is achieved.
Reporting into a Senior Buyer, this high paced role requires your high energy levels and eye for product to develop a product strategy that will ensure the company gains maximum profitability. Collaborate with your merchandise planner who will help you to determine the product strategy for your dept. for the season. You will negotiate with suppliers on aspects of price, fabrication and delivery dates. You will also collaborate with other functional areas such as trend and design, quality, resourcing, marketing, visual merchandising and supply chain to enable you to meet your portfolio objectives.
- Relevant degree or diploma (Interior/Fashion Design, Retail Business Management, Textile, Consumer Science)
- 3-5 years buying or related experience (homeware advantageous)
- Knowledge of merchandise systems/ applications
- Textile & fabrication knowledge
- Strong verbal and written communication including negotiation skills
- Intermediate to advanced level of proficiency in MS Office
- Creative inclination
- Able to work well under pressure
- Passionate about homeware products
- Experience with pattern and design (advantageous)
- Driver’s license (advantageous)
Mr Price Group is a high growth, omnichannel, fashion-value retailer with 6 trading divisions, namely: mrp ; mrphome; mrpsport; Miladys; sheetstreet and mrpmoney.
We’re movers and shakers.
We pride ourselves on our fast-moving, fast-working and collaborative culture. Our extensive market-leading retail knowledge means that our environment fosters creativity, curiosity, and a need for exploration.
We employ over 16000 incredible people, and retail in over 1000 South African-based stores, almost 100 international stores, and through our online channels offering our full product assortments.
Mr Price Group is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Employment Equity.