Table of Contents
Mr Price | Assistant Store Manager X1
We’re looking for a strong, vibrant, and self-disciplined Assistant Store Manager to lead and manage the daily operations of a store to ensure that the overall objectives, store targets, and customer service standards are met and exceeded.
a day in your life
- Ensure that stock is accurately received & unpacked to merchandise and replenish the sales floor.
- Monitor and manage stock levels through defined processes (stock counts, stock takes, stock loss action plans, etc.) to mitigate risks (stock loss) and ensure adequate stock on hand.
- Oversee the overall maintenance of the stockroom to meet housekeeping standards.
- Authorize write-offs, breakages, recalls, and returns.
Sales Growth & Profitability:
- Analyze sales & profitability reports in-store to collaborate with management on required operational action plans, increase sales performance, and monitor store expenditure.
- Review and keep abreast of in-store product performance to provide feedback to the support center and enhance sales.
- Identify and propose new opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness. This may include in-store marketing, competitor shopping, partnering/participating in local events and driving new accounts/memberships per targets (if applicable).
- Conduct compliance checks through defined processes (e.g. admin checks, store audits, visual audits, COMO (Continuous Monitoring) reports, POS reports, health & safety standards, weekly hanger counts, security, etc.) to ensure and enforce overall compliance with policies and procedures.
Customer Experience Management:
- Ensure and maintain the implementation of customer experience processes (through the execution of business instruction letters, markdowns, repricing, promotions, customer experience plans, visual standards, customer feedback, general housekeeping, etc.) to meet customer service standards.
Leadership & Development:
- Lead and drive the team within a store to achieve store KPIs and operational strategy in line with company values.
- Identify & drive training, coaching, and development needs with a focus on talent management and succession planning.
- Recruit, administer & manage performance in accordance with company policies and procedures.
What experience we are looking for?
- Grade: 12 (NQF Level 4) or equivalent
- 3 Years’ experience in a Supervisor or an Assistant store managerial position.
- Sales & service management.
- Computer literacy.
- Communication skills.
- Retail trade.
- Brand, customer & product understanding.