Table of Contents
Mr D Food – Junior Graphic Designer X2
Mr D Food, a subsidiary of takealot.com, is looking for a highly talented Junior Graphic Designer to join our Mr D Food team in Cape Town.
We are a young, dynamic, hyper growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market related, Total Remuneration Package which allows full flexibility according to your needs, a great work environment and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
This position reports to the Head of Digital Design.
Your responsibilities will include:
Also Apply: SPAR is hiring ﴾All Provinces﴿
- Create concepts based on brand strategy, brief and insights
- Consistently delivering work on time, without sacrificing attention to detail
- Adhere to brand identity and guidelines
- Collaborate effectively with peers in the design and marketing team
- Work on multiple briefs at the same time
- Develop work, iterate, prepare mockups and present work
- Implementing and delivering on feedback accurately and gain approval from senior management and peers
- Adapt and roll out approved concepts to various media
- Make sure artwork is correct and supplied in the right formats and sizes before being supplied to go-live
- Adhere to team processes and quality standards
- Excellent self-management and time management
- Good communication skills to accurately convey your concepts to clients and team members
- Enthusiasm for being a part of a fast-moving start-up environment and passion for design
- Have a keen eye for detail
- Key software capabilities include Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign and Figma. Adobe After Effects is
- Illustration or photography skills advantageous
- Excellent understanding of design principles, not limited to but including layout, colour, contrast, typography, scale, and composition.
- Excellent understanding of digital design best practices. Understanding of print best practices is advantageous.
- Have a strong, well-rounded portfolio that showcases your individual design aesthetic
- Have an on-trend, collection of design references on platforms such as Behance and/or Pinterest and/or Instagram.
- Good understanding of social media and social media marketing
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant Bachelor Degree or Diploma in Graphic Design
- 0-3 years’ work experience – Must have proven internship as a designer at an advertising or design agency
We seek to employ Extraordinary Minds, people who are:
- Experts at DOING, they can not only design but also execute
- Analytical, able to use data to make decisions. Letting data decide but not consume
- Although innovation is important, GREAT requires a lot of work. This does not happen only during business hours
- Always questioning the status quo
- Not averse to risk
- Business smart. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input
- Self-directed, taking action based on own initiative
- User-focused, always trying to understand a product from the users perspective
- Able to communicate clearly and not afraid to voice an opinion, no matter how unpopular.
Are you an Extraordinary Mind if so come and join us!
You need to be strong in both root cause analysis and driving to action – in other words, you need to be a thinker and a doer, and doing doesn’t happen only during work hours. You need to be passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience. And, because we operate in a fast-growing, quick-moving environment, we’re looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, thrives under change, and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster. You will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com. In short, we need you to think like an owner of the business.
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind so come and join us!
Takealot is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage applicants from previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.