Mr D Food – Head of Paid Media X1
We are a young, dynamic, hyper-growth company looking for smart, creative, hard-working people with integrity to join us. We offer a market-related, Total Remuneration Package, a great work environment, and a promise that you won’t be bored as long as you are prepared for a challenge and want to build something great.
The position reports to the Head of Growth.
Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage and grow the in-house PPC performance team.
- Responsible for defining and implementing PPC and Mobile Marketing plans and targets.
- Manage and optimize a large, multi-million rand Paid Media marketing budget across PPC, Remarketing, Paid Social, and App marketing to meet KPI targets.
- Managing all Paid Channels to drive high converting traffic that drives revenue to all platforms (Desktop Web, Mobi Web, and Android & iOS Apps).
- Develop & Implement overall Paid strategy, annual goals, KPIs, reporting needs, and working cross-functionally across stakeholders.
- Liaise with the Retail teams to drive growth in Department, Category, Brand & Products.
- Liaising with the Brand team to drive Mr D Food brand awareness and assist in keeping Mr D Food top of mind.
- Daily, weekly & monthly operational, and management reporting on all Paid Media Channels.
- Meeting and exceeding daily, weekly and monthly targets.
- Developing and maintaining strong relationships with Paid Channels success teams to effectively and efficiently meet acquisition and retention growth whilst supporting the company growth needs.
- Monitoring all Paid Channels to analyze results, deep-dive performance problems, recommending solutions, implementing solutions, and ultimately monitoring problems to correction.
- Profiling and identifying new potential Paid Channels.
- Own all tracking and analytics of Paid Channels whilst assisting other channel managers where possible.
- Assist with overall Google Analytics strategy and tracking requirements (Assist with management of external resources).
- Audience management to effectively target new users and high value returning users (Platform based audiences & owned back-end data)
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
- Organized, ability to prioritize
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Comfortable with learning and adapting to new systems
Qualifications and Experience:
- A tertiary degree is required preferably within Marketing, Statistics, Mathematics or Computer Science
- 5-7 years’ experience in PPC positions
- 2-3 years’ experience in the Acquisition & Retention of App Users
- Experience managing a high-performing team
- Managing Dynamic Remarketing Partners (Criteo, RTB House, etc)
- Managing App Partners (Vizury, Criteo, RTB House etc)
- App Analytics (Firebase & Appsflyer)
- Understand the mobile customer and their buying behaviour.
- Managing mobile/app marketing budget and initiatives across channels
- Google Ads – Adwords (Required)
- Google Analytics (Required)
- GTM (Beneficial)
- YouTube/Video (Beneficial)
Experience on the following platforms:
- Extensive Google Ads Experience (Required)
- App Advertising – Acquisition & Retention
- Google Search
- Google Shopping
- GDN (Prospecting & Remarketing)
- Google Merchant Centre (GMC)
- Google Analytics (Required)
- GTM (Beneficial)
- Facebook Business Manager (Required)
- Facebook/Instagram Ads (Required)
- Twitter Ads (Beneficial)
- takealot.com employees are entrepreneurial and dynamic, smart, customer-centric, fun and have the shared ambition of takealot.com being the leading e-commerce company in Africa.
- We have fun, work hard, take ownership, work in teams to create solutions, and are always open to direct feedback/new ideas on where we can improve.
- We are short on ego and high on output.
- We are doers and not only thinkers, its all in the execution after all.
- We love what we do and what we are creating.
We seek to Employ an Extra Ordinary Mind who:
- is respectful but forthright
- is an expert at doing, who can not only design but also execute
- is analytical, able to use data to make decisions
- is competitive, self-directed and strive to be the BEST (GREAT requires a lot of work and does not only happen during business hours
- is passionate about the potential of e-commerce and delivering a world-class customer experience
- is entrepreneurial, thrives under change and accepts it is a constant and always looks for solutions to do something better and faster
- is business SMART. Able to think about problems from a business perspective using technical and product input;
- is curious and challenge the status quo
- is innovative and enjoys iteration
- is collaborative
- will be at the cutting edge of developing new concepts for takealot.com
- thinks like an owner of the business
- is SMART, has INTEGRITY and is HARD WORKING
If you meet the above you are an Extraordinary Mind, so come and join us!
Mr D Food is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities will be given preference.