SALARY: R122 595 per annum
CENTRE: Provincial Office: Western Cape
- Grade 10 Certificate. No experience is required.
- Knowledge: Departmental policies and procedures, Public Service Act, All legislation relevant to the post. Skills: Communication, Interpersonal relations, Time management, Planning and organizing, Computer literacy.
- Provide messenger services within the Provincial Office.
- Assist with general administration within the Unit.
- Mr. Q Bowman Tel No: 082 901 3232
- Chief Director: Provincial Operations: PO Box 872, Cape Town, 8000 or hand-deliver at Department of Employment and Labour, No.9 Long Street, Cnr Riebeeck, and Long Street, Cape Town
- Sub-directorate: Human Resources Management, Western Cape Email: Jobs- WC@labour.gov.za
CLOSING DATE: 13 September 2021
- NB: All attachments for online applications must including Z83 be in PDF and in one (1) file, indicate the correct job title and the reference number of the post on the subject line of your email.
- Use the correct email address associated with the post.
- Failure to do so, your application will be disqualified.
- Applications quoting the relevant reference number must be submitted on the new form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at gov. za/documents.
- Received applications using the incorrect application for employment (
old Z83) will not be considered.
- Each application for employment form must be fully completed, duly signed, and initialed by the applicant.
- Failure to sign this form may lead to disqualification of the application during the selection process.
- A recently updated comprehensive CV with at least 3 contactable referees as well as copies of all qualification academic transcripts including Senior Certificate, ID-document, and a Driver’s license where applicable should accompany a fully completed, initialed, and signed new form Z83.
- Applicants must submit copies of qualifications, ID documents,s and other relevant documents as indicated.
- Such copies need not be certified when applying for a post.
- The communication from the HR of the Department regarding the requirements of the certified documents will be limited to shortlisted candidates.
- Therefore, only shortlisted candidates for the post will be required to submit certified documents on or before the day of the interview following the communication from HR.
- Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications.
- Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- Applicants who do not comply with the abovementioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered.
- The Department does not accept applications via fax.
- Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
- If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification, and employment verification).
- The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. A pre-entry certificate obtained from the National School of Government (NSG) is required for all SMS applicants.
- The course is available at the NSG under the name Certificate for entry into SMS and the full details can be obtained by following the below link: https://www.thensg.gov.za/training-course/sms-pre-entryprogramme/.
- All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department.
- Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools.
- The successful candidate will be expected to sign an Internship performance agreement.
- The Department is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer.
- The Employment Equity Plan of the Department shall inform the employment decision.
- It is the Department’s intention to promote equity (race, gender, and disability) through the filling of this post(s)