POST 07/76: MEDICAL SPECIALIST PSYCHIATRY GRADE 1 (X1 POST)
SALARY: R1 051 368 – R1 115 874 (package)
CENTRE: Jubilee District Hospital
- Basic Medical Degree (MBChB or equivalent) and post graduate qualification that allows registration with HPCSA as a Specialist Psychiatrist.
- Registration with HPCSA as medical specialist and proof of current registration.
- Relevant working experience in field of psychiatry and mental health.
- provide effective and efficient inpatient and outpatient mental health care.
- Provide medical health and support to patients in the wards. Provide outreach to facilities / services in the catchment area. Attendance of relevant administrative meetings like mortality meetings, completing medico legal documents timeously.
- Improve quality of care of by providing appropriate clinical care.
- Reduce medical litigation by exercising good clinical ethos.
- Liaise with referral centers for patients who need further care and investigations.
- Facilitates serious adverse incidents meetings in the unit.
- Provide supervision and teaching to staff.
- Participate in the multidisciplinary team and manage the clinical unit. Participation in hospital committees such as risk management, MDT and occupational health and safety.
- Implement and monitor adherence to national core standard (norms and standards).
- Rendering of afterhours services including weekends.
- Participate in infrastructure improvement, sop and protocol development.
- Performing any delegated work as may be assigned from time to time.
- Must be willing to do commuted overtime.
ENQUIRIES: DR Modise Tel No: (012)717 9338
APPLICATIONS: Application documents must be submitted to Jubilee District Hospital Human Resource Department Private Bag X449.Hammanskraal 0400 or hand delivered to Stand No. 92 Jubilee Road, Jubilee District Hospital
NOTE: Applications must be completed fully on a signed Z83 form. Certified copies of all required documents must be attached (Certification must not be older than 3 months). No copy of a copy.
CLOSING DATE: 08 March 2019
NB: Please share this with WhatsApp