Manage the resolution of all COID enquiries
POST 04/31: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR: COIDA
REF NO: HR4/4/1/12
SALARY: R444 693 per annum
CENTRE: Labour Centre: Mthatha
- Diploma/ Degree qualification in Public Management / Business Management / HRM / Operational Management/ Nursing Diploma (3years) Degree.
- Three (3) years experience in claims/ Medical insurance processing environment on senior 25 claim assessor/ supervisor level.
- Knowledge: Public Service Regulations, DOL and Compensation Fund business strategies and goals Directorate goals and performance requirements Compensation Fund Services, PFMA and Treasury Regulations, Relevant Stakeholders, Customer service(Batho Pele principles), Fund values, Required IT Knowledge, Fund IT Operating system, Public Services Act Technical knowledge.
- Skills: Required Technical Proficiency, Business Writing, Required IT, Strategic Leadership, Programme and Project Management, Financial Management, Change management, Knowledge Management, Service Delivery Innovation (SDI), Planning and Organising, Problem Solving and Analysis, Decision Making, Accountability, People management and Empowerment (Including developing others), Client Orientation and Customer Focus Communication, Work Ethic and Self Management, Risk Management and Corporate Governance.
- Assist in the management of the subdirectorate .
- Provide oversight and control to claims processing and employer assessment processes as required in terms of segregation of duties.
- Manage the quality assurance on all COID claims and employer registrations and assessments.
- Provide technical advice and guidance on finalization of all COID activities.
- Manage the resolution of all COID enquiries.
ENQUIRIES: Mr. S Mapukata Tel No: (047) 501 5600
APPLICATIONS: Chief Director Provincial Operations: Eastern Cape Provincial Office: Private Bag X 9005, East London, 5200 or hand delivered at No. 3 Hill Street, East London.
ATTENTION: Sub-directorate: Human Resources Management: Provincial Office: East London
CLOSING DATE: 19 February 2019 at 16:00
NOTE: Applications must be submitted on form Z83, obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.gov.za/documents. The fully completed and signed form Z83 should be accompanied by a recently updated, comprehensive CV as well as recently certified copies(Not older than 3 months after publication of the advert) of all qualification(s) including a Senior Certificate and ID-document [Driver’s license where applicable]. Non-RSA Citizens/Permanent Resident Permit Holders must attach a copy of their Permanent Residence Permits to their applications. Should you be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Applicants who do not comply with the above-mentioned requirements, as well as applications received late, will not be considered. The Department does not accept applications via fax or email. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only. If you have not been contacted within eight (8) weeks after the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. Suitable candidates will be subjected to a personnel suitability check (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. All shortlisted candidates for SMS posts will be subjected to a technical competency exercise that intends to test relevant technical elements of the job, the logistics of which be communicated by the Department. Following the interview and technical exercise, the selection panel will recommend candidates to attend generic managerial competencies using the mandated DPSA SMS competency assessment tools. Successful candidates will be appointed on a probation period of 12 months. The Department reserves the right not to make any appointment(s) to the above post. Successful candidates will be expected to sign a performance agreement.