MACHINE OPERATORS (2 POSTS)
- Reference Number: refs/008646
- Directorate: NURSING SERVICES
- Number of posts: 2
- Package: R102 534.00-R120 780.00
- Enquiries: Ms V.M. Mathabatha, Tel No: (012) 318 6622/6930
- Grade 12 or equivalent. Good interpersonal relations and communication skills. Must be able to cope with the physical demands of the position. Experience in cleaning/loading/offloading and packing will be an added advantage. Be able to work in a team and under pressure. Willing to work shifts, weekends, Public holidays and nights. Minimum of twelve months experience in cleaning Department/company will be an added advantage. Ability to read and write. Ability to operate machines. Willingness to learn. Good communication and interpersonal relations skills. QUALITIES and Skills required: Organisational ability, Good interpersonal, communication skills, both verbal and written. Impartiality, fairness and ability to respect confidences. Approachable and sensitive to the feelings of others. Well organised and an eye for detail. Ability to work well with the Managers as well as colleagues. Good time-keeping. Strong customer service.
- Responsible to ensure that instruments and equipment received are complete and in good working order. Responsible for cleaning, packing and autoclaving sterilization of instruments and non -instruments packs. Packing and sterilization of various towelling, gowns and small packs. Effective handling of cooled down items to be packed in a sterile store area. Adhere to safety regulations. Maintain growth/ethical standards and self-development. Perform duties as required per the job description, and working schedule. Maintenance of general hygiene i.e. sweeping, mopping, cleaning and tidiness of the CSSD unit and Operating Theatre Department as delegated by the supervisor/ Theatre Nursing Manager and tidiness of the CSSD Unit and Operating Theatre. Deliver and fetch theatre trolleys: collect and issue sterile stock. Sorting of instruments, bowls and linen. Unpack and wash trolleys from the theatre. Cleaning and sterilizing the instruments and machines. Wash used instruments in instrument milk Wash and sterilize instruments trays. Stripping and cleaning of respirators. Wash Anaesthetic Masks and dry. Ensure that the machine is clean and in good order. Check sterile stock on shelves. Restore shortage of stock. Check expiry date is stamped on packages. Packaging and re-packing of instruments, bandages and gowns: sort out torn line. Unpack clean linen room. Fold towels and gowns. Pack instruments, bowls and packs under the supervision of a Professional Nurse. Pack sterile stock. Pack clean bowls, brushes and anaesthetic suctions. Wrap instrument sets that packages are properly sealed. Keep records of all equipment issued out of the theatre and wards. Assist with statistics of sets and pack used for the day. Checking, folding and wrapping of special drapes for thoracic theatre. Cleaning of autoclaves: load and unload autoclaves. Change graph paper on autoclaves. Do attest and Bowie Dick test and put attest in every morning.
- APPLICATIONS: Medical surveillance will be conducted on the recommended applicants, at no cost. People with disabilities are welcome to apply. Applications must be filled on a Z83 form accompanied by a comprehensive CV highlighting or stating the requirements mentioned above, and certified copies of ID and qualifications (not older than six (6) months. Applicants must indicate the post reference number on their applications. Failure to submit the required documents will result in the application not being considered. Qualifications of candidates recommended for appointment will be verified. Persons in possession of a foreign qualification must furnish the Department with an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). Candidates will be subjected to a security screening and vetting process Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted. The Department reserves the right to not make an appointment. Candidates will be expected to be available for selection interviews on the date, time and place determined by the Department. Applications must be submitted to: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X396, Pretoria, 0001. Hand Delivery at Kalafong Security Gate and sign in the register book. PLEASE NOTE: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please let the authorities know.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Kalafong Provincial Tertiary Hospital
Closing Date: 30-04-2021
|Do you have Grade 12 or equivalent?|
|Do you have Grade 12 or equivalent?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.