LINEN WORKER (LEVEL 2)
- Reference Number: refs/011798
- Directorate: Support Services
- Number of posts: 1
- Package: R 102,534.00- 120,780.00 per annum plus benefits
- Enquiries: Ms. G.T Simba Tel No: (011) 489 0074
- Store, stock, and issue or distribute bed linen and uniforms in the hospital. Collect, receive and segregate, count, and record the number of items of soiled linen and uniforms for repair or laundry and place items in containers. Examine laundered items to ensure cleanliness and serviceability. Stamp items with identifying marks. Store laundered items on shelves, after verifying numbers and types of items. Count and assemble laundered items on cart or linen truck, record amounts of linens and uniforms to fill requisitions, and transports carts to floors. Conduct monthly and yearly inventories to identify items for replacement. Keep linen room in clean and orderly condition. Mend torn articles with needle and thread or sewing machine or send articles to Sewer, Linen room. Execute all legal instructions by the Supervisor / Management.
- Helen Joseph Tertiary Hospital is committed to the pursuit of diversity, redress and will promote representation in terms of race, disability, and gender. Preference shall be given to applications from Helen Joseph Hospital internal staff as well as people within the Helen Joseph Hospital catchment area. Applications must consist of a fully completed and signed New Z83 form with a comprehensive CV containing contactable references as well as certified copies of qualifications and identity documents. The relevant reference number must be quoted in the application form. Applications must be hand-delivered to the Human Resource department, Helen Joseph Hospital, No. 1 Perth Road Auckland Park, Basement, Johannesburg. (There is also a dedicated box at the hospital entrance – ask Security Officers on duty for assistance). Alternatively, applications can be posted to Helen Joseph Hospital Private Bag X 47, Auckland Park, 2006; Attention: Human resource department.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Helen Joseph Hospital
Closing Date: 27-08-2021
|Do you have a minimum of Grade 10/ ABET or equivalent?|
|Do you have at least 6 months -1-year relevant experience?|
|Are you able to read and write?|
|Are you physically and mentally fit?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.