Table of Contents
LINEN ROOM SUPERVISOR LEVEL 4
- Reference Number: refs/015034
- Directorate: Support Services
- Number of Posts: 1
- Package: R 147,459.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Mr. R Maraba Tel. (011) 411 3559
- Grade 10 or equivalent qualification. Three (3) years of laundry work or related experience in the Public Hospital environment (Central Linen Room). Must be prepared to supervise a big team and be prepared to work shifts. Good verbal and written communication skills and sound interpersonal relations skills. Good understanding of the Batho Pele Principles and Six Key Ministerial Priorities. Ability to read and write English. Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Ensure effective and efficient administration of the Linen room department. Ensure that efficient distribution of clean linen and collection of dirty linen is done around the hospital. Manage work attendance of employees. Ensure that the work duty rooster is in place. Ensure that probation forms for new appointees are completed and submitted on time. Manage staff development through PMDS Policy, do Contracting, Mid-year reviews, and Annual assessment for staff on time. Apply disciplinary measures where necessary. Order uniforms and PPE for staff. Order new linen and equipment. Write works orders for maintenance.
- NOTES: Applications should be strictly hand-delivered to Leratong Hospital: Human Resource Department Block 6, No. 1 Adcock Street, Charmdor, KRUGERSDORP OR posted to Leratong Hospital, Human Resource Department, Private Bag X2078, KRUGERSDORP, 1740. Applications must be submitted by 12h00 (Noon) on the closing date and be accompanied by a fully completed and signed new Z83 application form obtainable from any Public Service Department or on the internet at www.dpsa.gov.za/documents plus a recently updated comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Applications without proof of a new Z83 application form and detailed CV will be disqualified. Applicants must indicate the post-reference number on their applications. (Shortlisted candidates will receive communication from HR to submit certified copies of educational qualifications and other relevant documents not older than 6 months on or before the day of the interview). It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA).
- All foreign qualifications must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA). Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. Suitable candidates will be subjected to vetting and personnel pre-employment suitability checks (criminal record, citizenship, credit record checks, qualification verification and employment verification). Where applicable, candidates will be subjected to a skills/knowledge test. Medical Surveillance will be conducted on the recommended candidates. It is the Department’s intention to promote representativity (race, gender, and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. The Department reserves the right not to appoint/fill this post. NB: The Public Service does not charge any fees for applying for posts. Should you be asked for a fee, please inform the authorities. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Leratong Hospital
Closing Date: 10-10-2022
|Do you have a Grade 10 or equivalent qualification?|
|Do you have three (3) years of laundry work or related experience in the Public Hospital environment (Central Linen Room)?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.