Legal Advisor – Cape Town (#26578) at Momentum Retail
MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za.
Responsible for financial planning & technical support relating to risk, investments & fiduciary solutions in both individual & business market. Identify, analyse and implement solutions to clients and Financial Advisers / Planners regarding Estate planning, Business planning, Tax planning, Investment planning and Retirement planning. Develop & grow clients & generate new business opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Train and develop financial advisers/planners and assist them with growing their business by providing quality legal and technical support, including fiduciary services;
- Financial Planning: Identify, analyse and implement solutions to clients and financial advisers/planners regarding: Estate planning (including Fiduciary Specialist services), Business planning, Tax planning, Investment planning and Retirement planning;
- Contribute to the growth in and retention of risk business (Myriad) and Fiduciary services i.e. wills, trusts and estates;
- Ensure the necessary FAIS Compliance documents are completed and signed and placed on record (Letter of Introduction and Record of Advice, if applicable);
- Ensure that the financial adviser/planner’s needs are established and support is provided relevant to those needs;
- TCF: Ensure that you keep the client on top of mind for all individual engagements – discussion, follow-up and adaption / modification and feedback;
- Knowledge sharing and contributing to the monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc publications (ASAP, Leverage and Momentarily);
- Live the Momentum values;
- Manage own performance and Personal Development Plan (“PDP”).
- Deciding & Initiating Action;
- Adhering to Principles and Values;
- Presenting and Communicating Information;
- Applying Expertise & Technology;
- Learning & Researching;
- Delivering Results & Meeting Customer Expectations;
- Adapting and Responding to change.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Relevant Degree in Law essential
- Postgraduate Diploma in Financial Planning essential;
- At least five (5) years Business experience;
- Financial Services and Commercial experience essential.
- Should be able to communicate in English and Afrikaans;
- Should be able to travel.
Please submit your application via our Careers page on www.mmiholdings.co.za
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
12 February 2019
firstname.lastname@example.org(The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.