Table of Contents
LABOUR RELATIONS OFFICER X1
- Reference Number: refs/015265
- Directorate: Human Resources Department
- Number of Posts: 1
- Package: R261 372.00 plus benefits
- Enquiries: Mrs. T Malusi: 011 694 3906
- National Diploma (NQF 6) or Degree (NQF 7) in Human Resources Management / Labour Law / Labour Relations as recognized by SAQAn with at least 1-2 years’ experience in Labour Relations. The reporting and control requirements associated with this post require an in-depth understanding of the application of employment-related legislation and various policies and procedures regulating employment conditions, workplace conflict and resolution. Report Writing skills; A valid driver’s license; Good interpersonal and communication skills; Be able to work independently; Computer literate (Ms Word/Excel); Good negotiating skills; Conflict Handling skills; Labour Relations Legislative Interpreting skills; Project Management skills; Group Facilitation Skills.
- Facilitate the prompt finalization of misconduct and grievance cases within a stipulated framework as per the Disciplinary Code and Procedure in the Public Service. Ensure and monitor the implementation of the outcome of grievances and hearings. Assist with the coordination and/ or hosting of the functioning of the Local Labour Forum; facilitate formal engagement between labour and employer for purposes of consultation and negotiation; Give advice to Management, staff and unions on labor-related matters and evaluate policies and procedures in line with labour legislations; Build and maintain constructive relationships with unions, management and staff; Ensure compliance with relevant collective agreement; Monitor and give advice with the handling of disciplinary hearings/incapacity hearings; Conduct preliminary investigations to establish the need for formal disciplinary procedures to be proceeded with; Coordinate and facilitate Labour Relations Training; Implement and maintain strike contingency plans; Keep a record of daily Labour Relations related activities, update records and files to maintain a database of labor matters. Represent the Department at arbitrations and conciliations.
- Completed and signed new Z83 must be accompanied by a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) ONLY and at least three (3) contactable referees quoting the relevant reference number. Failure to submit all the requested documents will result in the application not being considered. Correspondence to submit certified qualifications will be communicated to short-listed candidates only. Applications should be emailed to JhbHealth.DistrictjobApplications@gauteng.gov.za. Write the reference number as a subject in your email. Please ensure that the reference number is quoted correctly. Incomplete applications or applications received after the closing date will not be considered. If you have not been contacted within three (3) months after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. PEOPLE WITH DISABILITIES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY..
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Johannesburg Health District
Closing Date: 21-10-2022
|Do you have a three-year National Diploma (NQF 6) / Degree (NQF 7) in Human Resources Management / Labour Law / Labour Relations as recognized by SAQA?|
|Do you have 1-2 years’ experience in Labour Relations?|
|Do you have a valid driver’s license?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.