Labour Relations Officer (Level 7)
- Reference Number: refs/011640
- Directorate: Labour Relations Officer (Level 7)
- Number of posts: 1
- Package : R257 508.00- R303 339.00 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: Mr. H Smith, Tel No: 012 529 3020
- Grade 12 with 3 – 5 years experience in Labour Relations or related. A three-year degree or diploma will be an added advantage. Computer literacy ( Ms Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Ability to write reports. Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Be able to work in a team. Experience in the investigation of misconduct cases and the handling of grievances. Knowledge of all relevant Labour Legislation.
- Investigate grievances and write reports, Investigate misconduct and write reports. Arrange grievance hearings and disciplinary hearings. Represent the hospital in grievance hearings and disciplinary hearings. Provide training to employees in relation to Labour Relations. Responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual statistics. Render secretarial support during disciplinary hearings and at Bi and Multilateral Meetings monthly. Develop a year plan for Bi and Multilateral meetings. Strike management. Facilitate mandates for conciliations and arbitrations. Prepare bundles and arrange witnesses. Develop Labour Relations policies in consultation with Central Office. Give advice to management, employees and unions on a daily basis. Appoint Presiding Officers and Investigating Officers. Forward appeals to the Appeals Committee.
- NOTE NB: CLOSING TIME WILL BE 12H00 ON THE CLOSING DATE: The Provincial Government of Gauteng is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity in employment, especially of race, gender and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new updated Z83 form obtainable from any Public Service Department or from the website and must be completed in full, failure to do so will result in your application being not considered. Applicants are advised that until 31 December 2020 the ‘previous’ application for employment (Z83) form will be applicable, however from 1 January 2021, a new application for employment (Z83) form will be effective. Should an individual wish to apply for a post on or after 1 January 2021, he/she will be required to submit the new application for employment form (Z83) which can be downloaded at www.dpsa.gov.za-vacancies. From 1 January 2021 should an application be received using the incorrect application form employment (Z83), it will not be considered. Recently certified copies of qualifications, ID copy and a CV must be attached. Original certification should be not more than six months. The specific reference must be quoted. Applications can be delivered to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, 3111 Setlogelo Drive, Ga-Rankuwa, 0208 Nurses Home Block 13 (HR Registry) or posted to: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital, Private Bag X422, Pretoria 0001 or Apply online at www.gautengonline.gov.za. It is a legislative requirement that all newly appointed staff members are subjected to Personnel Suitability Check (PSC)- Verification, upon appointment within the department. This verification process entails reference checks, identity verification, qualification verification, criminal records check. Successful candidates will be subjected to OHS medical surveillance as required by HBA regulations within OHS Act 85 of 1993.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Dr. George Mukhari Academic Hospital
Closing Date: 06-08-2021
|Do you have grade 12 with 3-5 years experience in Labour relations or related?|
|Are you Computer Literate?|
|Do you have experience in investigating misconduct cases and handling grievances?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.