Kumba Iron Ore | Supervisor Warehouse 2021
We have an exciting position for a Supervisor Warehouse, to lead and supervise a team of delivery drivers and salvage yard assistants by planning, coordinating and prioritizing deliveries.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
As a Supervisor Warehouse – Salvage Yard, you will be responsible for managing the delivery services from warehouses to all the delivery points across the mine. You will also be responsible for:
- Monitoring, allocating and coordinating the activities of staff to ensure that tasks are executed according to prescribed standards.
- Managing the section’s expenditure, and selling of the scrap.
- Planning of daily deliveries and optimizing delivery routes.
- Prioritizing deliveries according to criticality to production based on the consignment to be delivered for the period.
- Weekly/monthly reports of on-time in-full deliveries and reasons for any deviations to the Section Manager.
- Handling of customer queries and providing feedback to customers based on the queries.
- Coordinate daily/weekly meetings with the Warehouse Supervisor, Yard Supervisor and Receiving Supervisor for planning purposes.
- Ensuring that all delivery documents are captured and the GRV’s are completed for items delivered.
- Assisting the Section Manager to ensure that the section safety targets are achieved based on VFL’s and safety campaigns to ensure the safety of all personnel in the section.
This role is in the Supply Chain Department at a Band 7 level reporting to the Section Manager – Logistics and Warehouse.
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet, that means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.