Kumba Iron Ore | Computer Based Training Advisor X1
We have an exciting position for a Computer-based Training Advisor to provide specialist advice, manage and support Computer Based Training for Kumba including the latest technology and future of training as well as digitalization and Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR) requirements. You will also supervise all computer-based training including E-learning, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), Simulators, and submersive training technology.
Be part of the team. The team that makes it happen.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”, delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible.
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
As a Computer-based Training Advisor, it will be expected of you to:
- Manage, implement and support all Kumba computer-based training, including E-learning, Augmented Reality (AR), Virtual Reality (VR), simulators and submersive training technology.
- To manage, implement and support the digitalization and latest technology for training and to develop the HRD tools to advance in technology to be ready for the latest generations and future employee.
- To manage, implement and support all training tools and technology to improve training efficiency and effectiveness to manage, implement and support new and technologically advanced training tools so that Kumba is always at the forefront of training and people development.
- To support all the HRD functions with training solutions to improve training efficiency and effectiveness as well as trainer throughput.
- To investigate and implement the latest technology for the training environment (i.e., digitalization era) to accommodate the new generations and develop the new set of skills for the Fourth Industrial Revolution (4IR)
- Work close together with all other HRD Section Managers
- B. Com in Information Science / Information Technology / Computer Science OR
- Higher Diploma in Information Technology / Computer Science
- EDTP NQF Level 5 Higher Certificate will be advantageous.
- SAP Academy qualification will be advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license
- 3 years of experience in Operational and Functional Training and Human Resources Development
- Experience in Computer-Based Training (E-learning, AR, VR, and simulators)
- Experience in the latest digitalization era of training, especially in the Mining Industry
- Experience in all aspects of Functional and Operational training
- Experience in Project Management
- Experience in Microsoft Excel 2010 Advanced & Macro’s
Who We Are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet, that means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
What We Offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you will find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We are a large, successful multinational company – and we are still growing all the time.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.