Kumba Iron Ore | Administrator – FTE 2021
Join us as an Administrator: HRD on a fixed-term contract where you will be required to assist with general administrative duties for HRD Mining Team and support to the HR Departments where Mining and Plant Equipment are being utilized in an effective, timely, and professional manner.
You’ll look after our most important resource. Our people
Skilled colleagues and motivated teams are the life force of Anglo American because – guided by our purpose and our values – we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives”.
Kumba Iron Ore
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel., widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world.
Our activities include all aspects – exploration; planning and building; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape and Limpopo provinces, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
Below are some of the key responsibilities you will be required to perform as an Administrator: HRD
- Collect relevant information which will serve to be supportive to meetings, presentations and correspondences
- Maintain a filing system unique to the needs of the HRD section
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all employee data
- Continuously coordinate, keep records, maintain and administer all documentation related to the quality management systems to ensure appropriate availability and tracking
- Review existing system documentation and develop new documentation to contribute to continuous improvement initiatives
- Provide assistance according to own level/area of competence and in accordance with company policies to the supervisor and co-workers when instructed or during the absence of the responsible person to ensure achievement of functional objectives
- Ad hoc research to provide HRD Training Officers and other personnel with comprehensive and applicable information
- Update all HRD relevant data systems, tools, and reporting requirements as promoted by the HRD function, preparing quick access to transparent information on Training and development data in projects to all relevant stakeholders
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Secretarial Diploma /N6 Office Administration Certificate will be advantageous
Knowledge and Skills required
- 2-3 years of solid administrative experience in an office environment essential
- Advantageous: previous mining industry experience
- Strong computer literacy skills in MS Office (Outlook; Word; PowerPoint and Excel) essential
Who we are
We are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers, and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfill their potential.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
If you do not hear from the Company within 21 days after the application deadline, please consider your application to be unsuccessful.
Preference will be given to applications from the designated group defined in terms of Employment Equity.