Position: Junior Fire Fighter X 20
Post Level: 11
Salary Scale: R187 596.44 p.a
• Grade 12
• Firefighter II plus Basic Ambulance Assistance Certificate
• Valid Code C1 Driving License.
Key Performance Areas:
• Responding to fires, rescues and related emergency and non-emergency humanitarian incidents
• Responding to incidents involving hazardous substances
• Extricating and/ or releasing casualties and carrying out emergency operations
• Resuscitating and treating injured persons and carrying out emergency operations
• Operating a range of equipment to control and extinguish fires.
Forward your applications to:
The Municipal Manager; Vhembe District Municipality; Private Bag X 5006; Thohoyandou; 0950 or Hand Delivered to the Registry Office, Vhembe District Municipality, Old Parliament Building, Government Complex.
The application must be submitted on the prescribed VDM HR application form, obtainable on the website (www.vhembe.gov.za) accompanied by a comprehensive CV and certified copies of an identity document, driver’s license (where applicable) and qualifications.
Applications without the above will not be considered. Vhembe District Municipality reserves the right to / not to make appointments. If no response is received from Vhembe District Municipality within 90 days after the closing date, it must be regarded that your application was unsuccessful. Correspondence regarding the advertised positions will be limited to successful candidates only.
NB: All shortlisted candidates will go through a security check. Fax and E-Mail applications will be not accepted. Applications received after the closing date and time will not be considered. Fraudulent qualifications or documentation will immediately disqualify an applicant. Direct or indirect canvassing for preferential treatment will lead to immediate disqualification of the relevant applicant.
Enquiries on the above should be directed to
The Recruitment Officer at 015 960 2042 / 2232 / 2233.
Closing date:19 March 2020