Job Title: Java Developer
Job ID: 26346
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Java Developer (#26346) at Momentum Life
- MMI Holdings Limited (MMI) is a South African based financial services group listed on the South African stock exchange, the JSE. The group operates in the market through several client-facing brands including Metropolitan and Momentum, South Africa’s number one cell captive insurer Guardrisk and wellness & rewards programme Multiply. MMI operates on the African continent, United Kingdom, and India through a direct presence, strategic partnerships and joint ventures.
- MMI’s purpose is to improve the lifetime Financial Wellness of people, their communities and their businesses. Financial Wellness is a continuous process of planning and management for individuals, households and businesses, with the aim of affording expenses and achieving goals over one’s lifetime. Our promise to our clients is to be their Financial Wellness partner over this life-long journey, using our expertise and solutions to help them develop and reach their goals. Visit us at www.mmiholdings.co.za.
You will be responsible for technical design, development, and implementation of end-to-end client facing applications, business/technical capabilities and frameworks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND WORK OUTPUTS
- Design and develop Single Page Applications.
- Adhere to architecture principles and policies.
- Experience designing n-tiered applications (multi layered architecture).
- Contribute in design sessions.
- Analyse impact of proposed changes to programs and provide estimates.
- Produce code that is easily maintainable.
- Produce code that adheres to functional and technical specifications.
- Adhere to technical standards.
- Produce code that is well documented.
- Assist other developers.
- Perform quality assurance checks / code reviews.
- Contribute to the establishment of best practice standards.
- Prepare technical specifications.
- Perform unit and system testing.
- Work closely with Site Reliability Engineering to ensure deliverables are automated and monitored
- Ensure audit, security and access control requirements are adhered to.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Java SE
- Python (limited)
- Frameworks and specs:
- Java EE 7+
- JSR 286 Java Portlet Specification
- Angular 2+
- REST service design
- Consuming SOAP based services
Runtimes and tools:
- IBM WebSphere Application Server 8.x+
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server 8+
- IBM DB2
- IBM WebSphere MQ
- Apache Maven
- Gulp / Grunt
- Less / Sass
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
At least 5 years of full time software development experience.
Please submit your application via our Careers page on www.mmiholdings.co.za
To apply, please follow the official system application process and get in touch with the PeopleSoft Helpdesk (021 940 5169) if you need further assistance.
Closing Date: 13 February 2019
Ipeleng.Madi@mmiholdings.co.za(The purpose for this email address is solely for queries regarding the advertised position and no emailed CV’s will be accepted. Only online applications submitted via our Careers page will be considered.)0126718089
All positions will be filled in accordance with our Employment Equity plan.
We also encourage people with disabilities to apply.