IEC | INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITIES (350 POSTS)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for appointment to the Internship programme of the Electoral Commission, a state institution established in terms of Chapter 9 of the Constitution of the Republic of South Africa. The Electoral Commission is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. It is the Commission’s intention to promote equity through meeting its numerical targets as contained. Persons must not have been an intern or worked before. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
INTERNSHIP: Human Resource Development
National Office – Centurion
(Duration – 24 months)
The Intern: Human Resource Development will contribute towards the efficient administration and coordination of human resources development projects in the Organisation. The Intern reports to the Deputy Manager: Human Resource Development.
Key performance areas: The Intern duties will include the following: Assist in the implementation of human resources development and administrative duties, e.g.; Skills Development activities such as bursary administration, HR Development filing system, Organizational development initiatives, and interventions. Coordination of training programmes e.g. scheduling and bookings of internal and external courses and training events, including checking the validity of such courses. Organize and prepare training venues. Ensure that attendance registers for training sessions are available. Send invitations for applications. Organize training committee meetings. Take minutes for training committee meetings. Conduct training administrative duties.
Basic requirements: Applicants must be in possession of a Matric / N3 certificate and a Completed tertiary qualification (Degree/ Diploma) in HRM/ Training & Development/ OD (a post-graduate qualification will be an added advantage).
The candidate must possess good written and oral communication skills, planning and organizing skills, and interpersonal skills. He/ she must be computer literate with good working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel and possess the following attributes: the ability to work under pressure; be prepared to work long hours; pro-active; decisive; confident and be service driven.
NB! Applicants must be 35 years of age or below and must not have been an intern or worked before to qualify for this programme.
The Electoral Commission reserves the right to terminate the contract of an employee convicted of a serious criminal offense (s). It will also be incumbent upon all recruits to declare any offenses, as well as the fact that s/he does not have a high political profile and has not been politically active for a political party or held political office for at least the past five years. Failure to declare as required may result in summary termination of service. The criteria will be applicable to all recruits and they must comply with these criteria prior to confirmation of appointment.
The Electoral Commission will only correspond with successful candidates and interviews will be conducted with short-listed candidates on a date and time specified by the Interview Panel. The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the positions after advertising it. Although advertised, it may be withdrawn, re-advertised, or filled by way of deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery. Applicants for the above position should not have a high party political profile. Applications must in all cases be accompanied by a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae as well as a copy of the driver’s license and identity document. Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
NO LATE APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
Please note, all applications must include:
- A covering letter with a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae.
- Copies of matric certificate and tertiary qualifications.
- Copy of identity document.
- Copy of driver’s license.
Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- All successful permanent candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter with a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae;
- a copy of all qualification documents;
- a copy of the identity document; and
- a copy of the driver’s license (if required).
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments, and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- A probation period of twelve months will be applicable to permanent employees.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make an appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised, or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.