IEC | BY-ELECTION OFFICERS 2021
Reference Number: MP304/2021/737
Job Title: BY-ELECTION OFFICERS
Business Unit: Electoral Matters
Job Type: Election Contract
Location: Municipal Office
Municipality: MP304 – Dr Pixley Ka Isaka Seme
BY-ELECTION ELECTORAL STAFF (various positions)
(Inclusive remuneration package, ranging from R360 to R 1,450 subject to statutory deductions and role/days of engagement)
Job Purpose: To contribute towards strengthening electoral democracy processes by assisting in coordinating the projects and programs of the Electoral Commission at the voting station level.
- Must be a SA citizen
- Must be a registered voter
- In the last five years must not have held political office or been a candidate in an election or have been politically active for a political party or campaigning for a political party
- In the last five years must not have been elected to office in an organization that has party political affiliations or aims
- Must not have been convicted of a serious criminal offense (s)
- As far as possible must have some form of training or further education
- Must have access to a mobile telephone
- Must be proficient in the relevant local languages of the municipality
- Must have a valid bank account
- Must demonstrate proven ability to work well under pressure and meet tight and demanding deadlines
- Must demonstrate tact and good people skills in dealing with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Must be willing to undergo training
- Must demonstrate professionalism and impartiality at all times
Some of the responsibilities of the job (subject to a position appointed to):
|1. Supervise the voting station and all related voting activities
2. Conduct or assist with marking of the voters roll
3. Conduct or assist with the collection of addresses
4. Conduct or assist with completion of forms
5. Conduct or assist with the operation of Eziskan or VMD
6. Conduct or assist with issuing of ballot papers to voters
7. Conduct or assist with the inking of voter’s thumbnail
8. Conduct or assist with the counting of votes
9. Tidy or assist with tidying the voting station before and after voting
|10. Sign or oversee the signing of the attendance register as confirmation of attendance
11. Conduct or assist with double envelope special voting system
12. Conduct yourself in a professional and impartial manner
13. Safeguard IEC materials
14. Conduct or assist with queue management at the voting station
15. Prioritize voters with special needs
16. Conduct or assist with all counting and roll-back related tasks
An above position is a temporary contract, requiring a person to work on Voting Day. You are required to attend at least one day’s training during the period. The Electoral Commission will only correspond with successful candidates. The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the positions after advertising it. Although advertised, it may be withdrawn or re-advertised.
Closing date for all applications: 14 May 2021. Please take note that no applications received after the advertised closing date will be considered.
- Applicants for the above position/s should not have a high party political profile.
- All successful permanent candidates will be required to enter into performance contracts.
- Should applicants be in possession of a foreign qualification, it must be accompanied by an evaluation certificate from the South African Qualification Authority (SAQA).
- All applications must include:
- a covering letter with a recent, updated comprehensive curriculum vitae;
- a copy of all qualification documents;
- a copy of the identity document; and
- a copy of the driver’s license (if required).
- Failure to submit the requested documents will result in the application not being considered.
- Please note that recommended candidates will undergo risk assessments, including inter alia the verification of curricula vitae, all qualifications, criminal and credit assessments, and appointments will only be made upon positive verification thereof.
- A probation period of twelve months will be applicable to permanent employees.
- The Electoral Commission will only correspond with short-listed candidates.
- The Electoral Commission is under no obligation to fill the position/s and reserves the right not to make an appointment in the above post/s. Although advertised, positions may thus either be withdrawn, re-advertised or filled by way of transfer or deployment, should it be considered in the interest of service delivery.