HUMAN RESOURCES CLERK – refs/008513
- Reference Number: refs/008513
- Directorate: HR Administration and Management (Registry and Payroll unit)
- Number of posts : 1
- Package: R173 703 per annum (plus benefits)
- Enquiries : Mr. Samuel Nwandulo at 011 355-3677/3143 or 082 773 8909
- Grade 12 Certificate / NQF level 4 or equivalent qualification. Tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management at NQF level 6 will be of advantage. 1-year of exposure in the human resources registry sphere will be of advantage. Knowledge of working on the PERSAL system. Computer literacy (MS Word & Excel). Knowledge of Human Resources Personnel and Salary Administration processes. Sound planning and organizational skills. Sound verbal and written communication skills. Ability to handle confidential information. Ability to act with tact and discretion when dealing with salary advice, IRP5 information, payrolls, personnel records, and filing of confidential HR-related information. Ability to work under pressure and must be prepared to rotate and operate as a reliever to other units within HR Administration Services. Knowledge and ability to interpret Regulations, Acts, related DPSA Determination, and related legislative frameworks.
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the following: Keeping a database for incoming and outgoing HR information; Capturing information on PERSAL system as and when applicable; Render an effective filing and record management service: Opening, closing of HR Files and the transfer of HR files to other departments/ provinces and requesting HR files for incoming transfers. Provide an audit trail for easy retrieval during investigations and audits; Trace movement of files; Maintain and recordkeeping of departmental circulars and memorandums; Collect monthly payrolls from e-Government, sort and distribute in time as per Treasury Regulation 8.3.5, record keeping and the issuing of a monthly payroll certificates (including IRP5); Perform routine clerical duties e.g. making copies, draft memorandums, collect evidence for Auditor-General audit information. Monitor his or her own performance. Adhere to the policies and procedures of the department. Use good telephone etiquette to liaise with both internal and external clients. Accept greater responsibility and perform any other reasonable task allocated. NOTES: This is a replacement post, therefore transfers for employees on salary level 6 are welcome.
- Applications should be submitted strictly online at http://professionaljobcentre.gpg.gov.za/ and it should be accompanied by a fully completed new Z83, comprehensive Curriculum Vitae (CV), certified copies of qualifications, Identity, and valid driver’s license. Correspondence will only be limited to shortlisted candidates. If you have not been contacted within 3 months of the closing date of this advertisement, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. No hand-delivered, faxed, or e-mailed applications will be accepted. People with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is our intention to promote representativity (race, gender and disability) in the Public Service through the filling of these posts. It is the applicant’s responsibility to have foreign qualifications evaluated by the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA). The Department reserves the right not to make an appointment(s) to the advertised post(s). NB: For assistance with online applications please email your query to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Central Office
Closing Date: 16-04-2021
|Do you have a Grade 12 or NQF level 4 qualification?|
|Do you have a Tertiary qualification in Human Resources Management at NQF level 6 will be of advantage?|
|Do you have a 1 year exposure in the human resources registry sphere will be of advantage?|
|Do you have Knowledge of working on the PERSAL system?|
|Do you have Knowledge of Human Resources Personnel and Salary Administration processes?|
|Are you computer literate?|
Please Notes :
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.