Table of Contents
HUMAN RESOURCE CLERK X15
- Reference Number: REFS/015207
- Directorate: Human Resource Management
- Number of Posts: 15
- Package: R 176, 310.00 – 207,681.00 per annual (plus benefits)
- Enquiries: ENQUIRIES: Ms. N. Mamabolo Tel No: (011) 535 3190
- Grade 12 or equivalent qualification. A diploma/Degree in Human Resource Management/Public Management/Industrial Psychology or equivalent will be an added advantage. Must have a minimum of 1-year of appropriate experience in Public Service. An appropriate and/ or recognizable experience in public health will serve as an added advantage.
- Understanding and experience of various HR functions. Excellent communication, good interpersonal relations, and organizational skills. Ability to interpret HR Policies and prescripts. Knowledge of PERSAL system. Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information. Knowledge and application of Batho Pele principles and six key ministerial priorities. Must be proficient in computer packages. A valid driver’s license is not a prerequisite but an advantage.
- Provide all the administrative duties for the department such as preparing minutes, preparing requisitions, to ensure the smooth running of the HR functions of the organization. Placement of adverts on different platforms preparing shortlisting and interview minutes timeously. Conduct Employee Suitability Checks. Provide feedback to successful and unsuccessful candidates. Creation of new member’s staff files, conforming to records management’s standard, to ensure easy access to staff information.
- Updating all the staff files regularly to ensure that all the files have correct and up-to-date information about employees. Assist with preparations of orientation and induction of new employees. Administer employee benefits and conditions of service such as medical aid, housing allowance, overtime, pension, pay progression, grade progression, probation etc. Ensure an effective and efficient human resource administration within the department to realize organizational outcomes. Advise employees on HR-related matters such as performance management, recruitment, HR-related policies, processes, and procedures, employee relations etc.
- Monitor attendance registers to ensure compliance with the relevant Laws, Regulations, and/ or Acts. Leave forms are captured, accurate and current. Conduct regular reconciliation between the leave on SAP and PERSAL. Participate and be involved in an ad hoc project that m ay arise such as a leave audit. Compile and submit HR-related reports such as absenteeism report, CEO’s reports, and Delegation reports, and as when and required. Execute any lawful instructions given by team leaders.
- The Department of Health is committed to the achievement and Maintenance of diversity and equity employment, especially of race, gender, and disability. Applications must be submitted on a new Z83 form (obtainable from any Public Service Department or on www.dpsa.gov.za/documents). The fully completed, initialed and signed form should be accompanied by a recently updated CV specifying all experience indicating the respective dates (MM/YY) as well as indicating three reference persons with the following information: name and contact number(s), email address and an indication of the capacity in which the reference is known to the candidate.
- The relevant reference number must be quoted in the application form. According to the Department of Public Service and Administration (DPSA) Circular 19 of 2022, copies of qualifications, ID, and relevant certificates and registrations need not be attached when applying for the post. Only shortlisted candidates will be required to submit certified documents on or before the interview date following communication from HR. Suitable candidates will be subjected to personnel suitability checks (criminal record check, citizenship verification, qualification/study verification and previous employment verification) Suitable candidates will also be subjected to security clearance processes. In terms of the National Qualification Framework Amendment Act 2019, it is an offense for any person to falsely or fraudulently claim to hold a qualification.
- Any person found to be misrepresenting their qualifications, work experience or facts in their CV will be disqualified and reported to the appropriate authority. The Department of Health reserves the right to fill or not to fill the position. Due to a high volume of anticipated applications, communication will be limited to the shortlisted candidates only. Should you not hear from us within 3 months after the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. Applications can be hand delivered to-: Tara the H. Moross Centre/o HR Section, 50 Saxon Road Hurlingham 2196 or can be posted to-: Tara the H.Moross Centre Private Bag x7 Randburg 2125. Due to technical problems with GPG vacancy website that the institution is consistently facing, applicants are encouraged to apply using the above-mentioned modes of application.
Employer: Department of Health
Location: Tara the H. Moross Centre, Sandton
Closing Date: 14-10-2022
|Do you have Grade 12 or equivalent qualification?|
|Do you have a Diploma/Degree in Human Resource Management, Public Management, Industrial Psychology or equivalent?|
|Do you have an appropriate 1-year experience in the field?|
|Do you have an appropriate experience in public health?|
|Are you computer literate?|
|Do you have knowledge of PERSAL ?|
- Due to the large number of applications we envisage receiving, applications will not be acknowledged. If you do not receive any response within 3 months, please accept that your application was not successful.