Table of Contents
Hollywoodbets | VIP (Security) Officer X2
Being a part of the Hollywoodbets Purple Team is an opportunity to become a part of one of South Africa’s biggest success stories. From humble beginnings in Durban, Hollywoodbets has grown into a powerhouse brand operating across Africa and the United Kingdom. And that’s just the beginning. Our talented Team is on a mission to increase our global footprint, ready to take on any challenge because at Hollywoodbets, not even the sky is the limit. Join our Team and let’s reach for the stars.
We have an amazing opportunity for a VIP (Security) Officer. Do you have what it takes to be our newest Purple Stars?
VIP (Security) Officers are responsible for creating and maintaining a safe environment for the people. This may include securing premises by monitoring surveillance equipment or by patrolling activities. The VIP (Security) Officers are expected to prevent loss and theft and report any irregularities or suspicious acts.
With Hollywoodbets, You Will:
Innovate and create as part of a like-minded, authentic Team eager to achieve goals.
Embrace challenges and the thrill of working in a vibrant and fast-paced industry.
Grow with our development plans and culture that allows you to further your career
- Grade C.
- Computer Literate.
- 1 – 2 year’s Security experience.
- Registered with PSIRA (Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority
A Bonus to have:
- Valid driver’s license.
What You’ll do for the Brand:
- VIP (Security) Officer must be present 15 minutes before the Branch opens.
- Branch Manager or Senior Team leader will open the Branch in the presence of the VIP (Security) Officer.
- VIP (Security) Officer need to ensure they conduct a perimeter patrol before the Branch opens.
- VIP (Security) Officer need to check around the premises for any suspicious movements before the Branch is opened.
- VIP (Security) Officer needs to be extremely vigilant and alert at all times of their surrounds before the opening and closing of the Branch.
- VIP (Security) Officer needs to conduct a floor walk once the Branch is open, to observe all is order.
- VIP (Security) Officer must valid all observation checks are completed before the Branch Manager or Senior Team Leader continues with their daily checks.
- During opening and closing, one VIP (Security) Officer must be positioned away from the entrance, observing his or her colleague and checking for potential danger.
- Patrolling should include inside and outside the Branch entrance, back areas and all parking areas.
- Ensure all two-way radios are fully charged during shift change and hand over equipment inspection.
- Charge the batteries overnight so that they are useable from the beginning of your shift.
- Ensure all panic button and two-way radios are in good working conditions and keep safely.
- VIP (Security) Officer must carry their panic buttons, two-way radios and earpieces to ensure open communication and ease of access in the event of an emergency.
- The VIP (Security) Officer that is posted to the searching zone must use the scanner to search all guest entering the Branch including team members.
- Ensure at the searching zone the Branch door or the gate is always kept close.
- VIP (Security) Officer are not allowed to cross gender scan guest entering the Branch.
- Male guest must be scanned by only male VIP (Security) Officer, female guest to be scanned by only female VIP (Security) Officer.
- VIP (Security) Officer must ensure to search female bags with a stick. Male guest is not allowed to bring in their bags.
- VIP (Security) Officer is to direct traffic on our premises and ensure the free flow of foot traffic and to control the number of vehicles entering and exiting the building.
- End of day closing procedure, VIP (Security) Officer must minimise entry by sliding close one door to ensure security of minimising high risk.
- VIP (Security) Officer must attend Branch meeting when notified by the Branch Manager to attend.
- VIP (Security) Officer must assist when receiving stock, doing alarm test and submitting of daily report every morning by 10:00am.
- First impressions last – VIP (Security) Officers are at the forefront of Hollywood.
- VIP (Security) Officers are the first encounter with the guest.
- Ensure to make the impression by greeting the Guest with “Good day, welcome to Hollywood”
- Ensure to provide good guest service by being friendly, helpful, polite and courteous at all times.
- Pro-actively address guest complaints and ensure guest feedback is communicated clearly in an effective and positive manner.
- Create a guest centric culture within the Branch and drive the philosophy of “service with a smile” at all times.
- Ensure to treat our guests with respect and have a good attitude at all times.
- When Guest leave the Branch VIP (Security) Officer wishes the guest good evening or good night and ask them to come again. “Good Bye Sir, please come again.
- VIP (Security) Officer must ensure they are dressed in full Amadoda uniforms with their name badges before the beginning of their shift. (black shoes, black socks, and white vet only).
- Scan all persons entering the premises including team members.
- Be observant of guests leaving the Branch, identify if they entered the Branch with something you noticed and are leaving without that object.
- No bags are allowed inside the premises.
- No Weapons or Guns are allowed into the premises (except on an official law enforcement officer).
- No person under the age of 18 is allowed into the premises.
- If you are dealing with a difficult customer contact your colleagues and press the panic button before the situation escalates out of control.
- In Branches with no liquor license, no alcohol is allowed on the premises.
- Credit bets are not allowed to be taken by any team member.
- VIP (Security) Officers on duty are not allowed to take bets with Amadoda
- VIP (Security) Officers on duty are not allowed to utilize the Limited pay-out machine.
Code of Conduct:
- While on duty you will not sit or lounge, make use of your cell phone or eat.
- No smoking on duty.
- You will not report for duty under the influence of alcohol.
- You will not abandon your post. This could lead to disciplinary action against you.
- You are not allowed to sleep on duty. This will lead to disciplinary action against you.
- You will not have casual conversations with friends or other team members while at your post.
- You will not accept tips from the guest.
- Actively promote the Hollywood values.
- Live the values and lead as an example to the team.
- VIP (Security) Officer must report their absenteeism to the Branch Manager or Senior Team Leader 2 hours before their shift begins.
- Must be able to work in a rotating shift or work flexible hours.
- Ensure your physical fitness is obtained at all times in line with the job requirements.
What You’ll Bring To The Team
- Good communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Impressive planning, organizational, and time management skills.
- Good business acumen and high ethical work standards.
- Ability to multitask and show initiative at all times.
Ability to work under pressure and still produce good quality results timeously. Ability to take initiative whilst maintaining the quality of work.
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.