Table of Contents
Hollywoodbets | Internal Control Accountant X1
Being a part of the Hollywoodbets Purple Team is an opportunity to become a part of one of South Africa’s biggest success stories. From humble beginnings in Durban, Hollywoodbets has grown into a powerhouse brand operating across Africa and the United Kingdom. And that’s just the beginning. Our talented Team is on a mission to increase our global footprint, ready to take on any challenge because at Hollywoodbets, not even the sky is the limit. Join our Team and let’s reach for the stars.
We have an amazing opportunity for an Internal Control Accountant, based in Durban, Umhlanga. Do you think you have what it takes to be our newest Purple Star?
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a strong control environment for the Retail operation and ensuring all transactions are auditable to ensure the validity and accuracy of transactions. To adapt procedures when required (system upgrades, new products/integrations) and ensure their relevance to support accurate reconciliations safeguarding the business against financial loss.
With Hollywoodbets You Will:
Innovate and create as part of a like-minded, authentic Team eager to achieve goals.
Embrace challenges and the thrill of working in a vibrant and fast-paced industry.
Grow with our development plans and culture that allows you to further your career.
- 2 years practical auditing/accounting experience
- Computer literate. (MS Word, MS Excel and PowerPoint).
- Pastel Evolution Knowledge.
- Valid driver’s licence
A Bonus To Have:
- Completed or studying towards auditing.
- Own Transport.
What You’ll Do For The Brand:
Financial Metrics/Operational Duties
- Collect and analyse data to detect reconciliation weaknesses and identify key and residual risks.
- Recommend improvements to further mitigate company risk and improve efficiencies
- Ensure all transactions are accounted for in Pastel and reconciled.
- Reconciliation of Retail reconciliations and ensuring adequate controls are implemented to safeguard the company against financial loss.
- Implementing controls for third party integrations and ensuring transactions are auditable.
- Escalate all variances pertaining to Retail reconciliations that have not been cleared within the standard operating procedures/timeframe.
- Work closely with the development and operational teams to test interactions and new products.
- Ensure supporting financial records are accurate and reliable and available prior to new product deployment (data, tax, balances report and balancing the account reports). Where there are deviations to this notification of senior management is required.
- Using software to automate the Retail reconciliations and ensuring the automation is working correctly.
- Oversee the deployment of new reconciliation software and/or related processes.
- Ensure daily reconciliation signoffs are performed by the team on the nominated software.
- Submit a daily report summarising key aspects of the daily sign offs.
- Identify and rectify weaknesses within procedures, processes, policies, and related internal control frameworks.
- Continuously look to improve efficiency and effectiveness through ongoing learning/development and new techniques.
- Perform consulting activities and ad hoc assignments as they arise.
- Ensure deadline is met for relevant tasks.
- Timeous and accurate reporting of findings with material value or material risk
- Working on new projects.
Compliance, risk and quality
- Legal agreements in place with all suppliers (where applicable).
- Creating, maintaining, and enforcing company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations (where applicable).
- Compliance with relevant laws and regulations relating to Retail operations.
- Regular risk assessments and maintenance of risk register.
- Intense focus on quality with regards to communication, capturing, documentation etc.
- Maintenance of department process write-ups/ system descriptions and quarterly updating.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on its own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula linked work/templates/workbooks/financial models/recons – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Ensure Monthly recons are finalised and saved with supporting photos on the designated software.
- Summarise the detailed daily findings on the designated software and submit a daily report to the Group retail accountant and Group Risk and Finance Manager.
- Effectively deal with internal, external, SARS, NCA and BEE auditors.
- Promote declaration of all gifts and report suspicious requests to clear queries from departments responding to queries.
- To escalate a single shortage of R2k or greater to the Group Retail Accountant and the Group Risk and Finance Manager.
- Promote declaration all conflicts of interest upfront.
- Promote a culture of confidentiality within the business with regards to the protection of personal information.
- Promote a culture of compliance with FICA and AML regulations with regards to reporting of suspicious transactions.
- Ensure all personal information of loan applicants and suppliers and other stakeholders is not shared and is maintained in a secure environment.
- Stay abreast with changes in the relevant industry and changes to relevant Acts/Regulations.
- Ensure that relevant Retail Policies, Procedures, Manuals, and training manuals are maintained and updated accordingly.
- Ensure that various Retail templates/forms/agreements/ T&Cs are maintained and updated accordingly.
Growth and new markets/products
- Key supplier relationship management.
- Source new products/innovations/robotics/artificial intelligence/predictive analysis.
- Development of existing products/software.
- Ensure that measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve short term, medium-term, long-term goals.
- Assist with company projects or lead company projects as allocated from time to time.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Demonstrate the ability to take accountability.
- Demonstrate excellent verbal and writing skills.
- Demonstrates sound presentations skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Demonstrate strong facilitation, coaching and training skills.
- Demonstrate high energy, enthusiasm, and motivation in execution of work.
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of customer service and quality standard.
- Demonstrate strong administration skills.
Please be advised that should you not be contacted within 30 days, kindly consider your application to be unsuccessful.