Table of Contents
Hollywoodbets | Human Resources Consultant X2
Being a part of the Hollywoodbets Purple Team is an opportunity to become a part of one of South Africa’s biggest success stories. From humble beginnings in Durban, Hollywoodbets has grown into a powerhouse brand operating across Africa and the United Kingdom. And that’s just the beginning. Our talented Team is on a mission to increase our global footprint, ready to take on any challenge because at Hollywoodbets, not even the sky is the limit. Join our Team and let’s reach for the stars.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Human Resources Consultant, based at our Western Cape Regional Office. Do you think you have what it takes to be our newest Purple Star?
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing comprehensive support to the operational region, which will include workforce planning, succession planning and Industrial Relations.
With Hollywoodbets You Will:
Innovate and create as part of a like-minded, authentic Team eager to achieve goals.
Embrace challenges and the thrill of working in a vibrant and fast-paced industry.
Grow with our development plans and culture that allows you to further your career.
- 2 – 3 years in a Human Resources Consultant role or equivalent experience.
- A valid driver’s license.
A Bonus To Have:
- Diploma/Degree qualification/ studying towards
- Knowledge of Labour Legislation (EE Act, BCEA, Labour Relations)
What You’ll Do For The Brand:
Recruitment and Selection
- Follow the recruitment process as outlined up to middle management occupational level.
- Obtain recruitment requisition signed off by management in order to proceed with recruitment process. Draft internal and external advertisements for vacancies.
- Place adverts after sign off from central recruitment.
- Shortlist candidates and coordinate/facilitate interviews.
- Ensure competency-based interview questions are posed as part of targeted selection process.
- Ensure all pre-employment checks are completed the final shortlisted candidate.
- Ensure all unsuccessful candidates are given feedback regarding the outcome of the interview.
- Create a platform that ensures all team members and senior team members clearly understand the new take on process.
- Ensure that all recruitment information such as all application forms, certified ID, matric certificates, references and background checks are completed prior to appointments.
- To ensure that new team member personal file are created and that all new employee details are accurately submitted to Payroll before cut-off date of each month.
- Oversee onboarding process. Ensures induction is arranged timeously and new team members are properly inducted.
- The HR function will entail a well aligned process to assist the business teams to facilitate the roll- out of job descriptions and provide the necessary value add for an effective and efficient performance management exercise.
- Ensure job description outlines the duties and responsibilities for the team member in the position and lays the foundation against which the team member will be evaluated.
- To ensure every team member signs a performance agreement which are aligned to strategic priorities. The human resources consultant is to advice all parties of the principles and objectives of an evaluation process by providing training for managers who will be responsible for the actual evaluations/ appraisals. Ensure all relevant parties are equipped with the tools to manage performance, with focus on coaching and managing poor performance.
- Encourage ongoing one-on-one performance discussions. To proactively identify and eliminate performance management obstacles that would hinder the process.
- The human resources consultant will be responsible for managing the performance process and will play a critical role in ensuring that evaluations are done effectively, timeously and that the knowledge gained is used to aid team members in development.
Talent Management / Succession Planning
- To identify potential and to recognize existing talent and to use that to fill vacancies higher in the organization or to transfer individuals into jobs where better use can be made of their abilities or developing skills.
- Ensure a holistic career discussion with the identified talented team members through a talent forum process. Ensure retention strategies are implemented to retain skilled labour.
- Training initiatives must be used to create individual development plans fast track and close skills gaps. Ensure the work climate allows for attraction and retention of top talent and drives a culture of employee engagement.
- Ensure Employment Equity meetings are set up and the necessary committee members are made aware of dates.
- Employment Equity is considered when recruitment, transfers or promotions are being conducted.
- Implement IR in line with group practice and report to central.
- Ensure Hearings are set up timeously and all relevant parties are made aware. Ensures that the dismissal process is followed consistently.
- Keep up to date with CCMA cases, schedule and ensure managers are prepared.
- Ensure warnings for the region is sent to Group IR timeously.
Injury on Duty
- Responsible for the IOD process.
- Log IOD on to the system.
- Claim number to be sent to Manager to forward to team member for the medical reports.
- Follow up on status of claim until confirmation of all is in order is received.
- Ensure relevant parties are timeously informed of terminations.
- Conduct exit interviews with team members who resigns.
- Identify trends and address with management.
- Ensure Monthly catch-up reports are prepared, scheduled and presented.
- Ensure Consolidated report are updated regularly.
- Ensure all human resources policies and procedures are efficiently and effectively communicated within the portfolio.
- Create awareness of strategic key human resource campaigns that will lead to updating all team members.
- Ensure that the correct line of communication is always followed, and that timeous feedback is provided to all relevant parties when requested.
Values & Ethics
- Roll out the Value & Ethics workshop in the regions.
- Actively promote the Hollywood values. Live the values and lead as an example to the team.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Demonstrate an understanding and application of labour legislation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of best practice interview techniques to ensure that high calibre candidates are selected.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and maintain professional business associations at all levels
- Must be able to identify, analyse, organise, and solve problems.
- Follows through and delivers results despite obstacles.
- Good attention to detail.
So, are you ready to level up, learn, and perform at your best? Apply now!
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.