Table of Contents
Hollywoodbets | General Assistant X1
Being a part of the Hollywoodbets Purple Team is an opportunity to become a part of one of South Africa’s biggest success stories. From humble beginnings in Durban, Hollywoodbets has grown into a powerhouse brand operating across Africa and the United Kingdom. And that’s just the beginning. Our talented Team is on a mission to increase our global footprint, ready to take on any challenge because at Hollywoodbets, not even the sky is the limit. Join our Team and let’s reach for the stars.
We have an amazing opportunity for a General Assistant. Do you think you have what it takes to be our newest Purple Star?
The successful incumbent is expected to work according to a shift schedule and will be responsible for basic food preparation, assisting chefs with dishing up of food and presentation, whilst ensuring that the housekeeping is in line with Hollywood standards. Responsible for kitchen stock count and ensuring the kitchen stock is stored and maintained appropriately.
With Hollywoodbets You Will:
Innovate and create as part of a like-minded, authentic Team eager to achieve goals.
Embrace challenges and the thrill of working in a vibrant and fast-paced industry. Grow with our development plans and culture that allows you to further your career. A Bonus To Have:
- Food and Beverage experience
What You’ll Do For The Brand:
- Ensure appropriate dress code is in line with health and safety requirements and in accordance with Hollywood
- Inspect and clean food preparation areas, such as equipment and work surfaces, to ensure safe and sanitary food-handling practices and ensure conformance to established standards.
- Inspect kitchen stock – all food, spices, Recommendations to defrost freezers as and when required.
- Ensure all kitchen stock is well maintained, packaged and allocated to the correct area- shelves, freezers
- Ensure stock rotation and ensure expired food is disposed of and classified as
- Leftover food from the previous day is dished into appropriate containers and appropriately stored for
- Ensures preparation of food in readiness for chefs for all manufactured menu items as per
- Ensures that all orders are prepared and dished up timeously to ensure exceptional customer
- Ensures presentation of orders is in line with Hollywood
- Reports any operational problems (faulty/damaged equipment) that could hinder daily
- Assisting in reporting of all stock items to the Chef on items that are running
- Ensures that all wastage and breakages during the shift are disclosed and accounted
- Ensures the cleaning of kitchen appliances, work surfaces, floors, walls, fat traps, fridge and freezers
- Ensures that the kitchen and cooking area is left neat and tidy prior to the next
- Continuously monitor the kitchen area to ensure that the kitchen is clean and
- Any other ad hoc duties that might be Receiving of stock, stock disclosure of breakages/wastage.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity, trustworthiness and reliability
- Good numeracy and stock analysis
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Ability to meet deadlines while maintaining efficiency and professionalism at all times
Please note that only team members who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered