Table of Contents
Hollywoodbets | Continuous Improvement Officer X1
Being a part of the Hollywoodbets Purple Team is an opportunity to become a part of one of South Africa’s biggest success stories. From humble beginnings in Durban, Hollywoodbets has grown into a powerhouse brand operating across Africa and the United Kingdom. And that’s just the beginning. Our talented Team is on a mission to increase our global footprint, ready to take on any challenge because at Hollywoodbets, not even the sky is the limit. Join our Team and let’s reach for the stars.
We have an amazing opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Officer. Do you think you have what it takes to be our newest Purple Star?
The successful candidate will be responsible for monitoring daily operational activities and to report any deviations from standard operating procedures. To aid in the achievement of business objectives through operational surveillance.
With Hollywoodbets You Will:
Innovate and create as part of a like-minded, authentic Team eager to achieve goals.
Embrace challenges and the thrill of working in a vibrant and fast-paced industry.
Grow with our development plans and culture that allows you to further your career.
- 2 -3 years’ experience within the Retail Operations environment.
- Valid driver’s license – with 2 years full-time driving experience.
- Computer literate.
- Able to work day and night shifts.
A Bonus To Have:
- Completed or studying towards a related certificate/ diploma or degree
What You’ll Do For The Brand:
Observe if cash safety procedures are being followed, this includes but is not limited to:
- Safe Opening
- Safe Closing
- Admin door locked
- Float issuing
- Cash Transfers
- Bank Prep and dropping
- Cash in Transit
Monitor and report on irregularities relating to:
- Negligent storage or handling of cash.
- If security procedures are being followed. E.g. Searching, Opening and Closing Security Procedures.
- Report late opening and late closing of branches.
- Cleanliness and appearance of Branch/Support Centres.
- Unauthorised mobile phone users while on an active shift.
- Verify Patron Head Counts.
- Marketing promotions on site.
- Visible Health and Safety deviations.
- Internal Audit and Compliance Audits being conducted.
- Fixtures, fittings, furniture or equipment that is broken which requires maintenance or repairs.
- Inefficiencies in customer service at branch and contract centre levels e.g. No floor walks done by Team Leader, no interactions with clients, long queues, frustrated clients etc.
- Unproductive congregation of Team Members or abuse of time while on active duty.
- Bad rostering of Team Members e.g. Ratio between Clerks and Patrons or ratio between Team members and productivity observed.
- Team members who arrive late for their shift or leave early before shift end.
- Team Members not in proper uniform.
- Team members using company property for personal use.
- Assist Support Departments across the entire business with any Investigative matters that require the viewing of CCTV Surveillance footage.
- Assist Area or Regional Managers with any Investigative matters that require the viewing of CCTV Surveillance footage.
- Assist with any betting related queries which requires the viewing of CCTV Surveillance footage.
- Observe and report any suspicious or unusual behaving Patrons/Team members.
- Report any unauthorised persons in restricted areas such as behind the counters, out of bound areas or in the admin/cash office.
- Observe terminals logged on with cash while unattended.
- Identify and report facial recognition cameras that are out of focus or requires maintenance/repairs.
- Assisting the operational team in resolution of findings through interaction with the Operations Manager, Ops Support Team, Regional Managers and other department heads.
- Playing a key role within task teams from time to time to resolve incidents or facilitate lasting solutions.
- Assistance with the review of operational policies and procedures based on findings in the role.
- Reviewing clerk productivity and branch profitability and stakes reporting to ensure prioritisation of focus areas and review effects of resolutions implemented.
- Project management of findings through to resolution implementation with the operational team.
- Ensuring the function remains one of continuous improvement focus and working with the Risk Manager to ensure the difference in accountability of the Continuous Improvement role versus the Surveillance Team role is always clearly defined.
- Ensure the department is sufficiently staffed to carry out the agreed level of surveillance review across the retail network as defined by the Operations Manager.
Other focus areas:
- From time to time the business will require similar reviews of other business functions across Team Support, iBranch, BSC, Events, Non-Gaming and Star Zone functions.
- Non-retail focus areas will require the candidate to report to the top manager within each business unit on all findings and resolutions.
What You’ll Bring To The Team:
- Demonstrates ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate high energy, enthusiasm and motivation in execution of work.
- Follows through and delivers results despite obstacles. Admits to errors and takes corrective action to avoid repetition. Approaches own work with dedication and high sense of responsibility.
- Demonstrates an exceptional level of quality standard.
So, are you ready to level up, learn, and perform at your best? Apply now!
Please note that only applicants who meet the stipulated minimum requirements will be considered.