Hollywoodbets | Buyer (X2)
Star Merchant has exciting opportunities available for X2 Buyer to be based at Team Support in Umhlanga, Durban. The incumbent will be responsible for buying and arranging payment of products and attaining services: at the right price; from the right supplier; in the right quantities; for delivery at the right lead time and at the right specifications that meet the company’s needs. Be cognizant of conflict of interests, bribery and kickbacks. Ensure achievement of company’s strategic objectives, goals and targets. Comply with all policies and procedures and strict adherence to internal controls. Ensure daily, weekly and monthly reporting is done accurately and timeously and contains appropriate content to enable effective decision making.
- Competent in MS Office products.
- Degree / Diploma in Supply Chain
- Experience within a buying related role
- Driver’s license
Financial metrics/operational duties:
- Source lowest prices, source quality products, source appropriate lead times.
- Source BEE empowered suppliers that have a BEE score as predetermined by Star Merchants BEE strategy.
- Source products that meet customer requirements/specifications the first time round.
- Ensure customer approves all artwork (where necessary) prior to finalizing the order. Retain proof and sample and file in storage chronologically.
- Effective management of buying orders (to meet customer orders timeously, effective use of warehouse space, quality control checks, fraud/theft).
- Ensure stock that is ordered has a maximum shelf life.
- Ensure that suppliers who can deliver to Star Merchant’s various warehouses are engaged where appropriate and feasible such that Star Merchant can reduce its transport cost.
- Determine and develop appropriate sources of supply and maintain cooperative working relationships with suppliers and stay current with trends, technology, products, and services.
- Prepare and process purchase orders.
- Resolve problems arising from the purchase of goods and services.
- Maintain a good working relationship with the stock control department to ensure goods are received and dispatched efficiently to the relevant person/branch.
- Open communication lines are needed between the accounting department and the buyer to ensure account payments are made on time to ensure delivery/collection is made on time.
- Effective issuing of purchase orders and follow-ups on outstanding deliveries and supplier backorders.
- Performance must be tracked by yourself and the onus is placed on you to set up performance review meetings with the Team Leader / Manager
Compliance, risk and quality:
- 100% compliance with company policies and procedures.
- 100% compliance with health and safety regulations.
- 100% Compliance with relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure logical saving of all work, templates, etc. monthly and yearly such that each year’s financial records can stand on their own when enquiries/ investigations/audits take place.
- Produce high quality, neat, logical, succinct, easy to follow, easy to understand, formula linked work/templates/workbooks/financial models – of which is substantiated by facts with no numbers in the formulas.
- Ensure the above (final version) and other documents are chronologically saved/backed up.
- Declare all gifts.
- Do not accept kickbacks. Instances to be reported immediately.
- Declare all conflicts of interest upfront.
Growth and new markets/products:
- Assist with projects as directed from time to time.
- Adhere to measures are put in place and steps are taken to achieve the short term, medium-term and long-term goals of the company.
Skills and competencies:
- Excellent problem-solving and reporting abilities.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure impressive planning, organizational, leading and controlling skills.
- Strong people management and development skills.
- Portray strong attention to detail, whilst maintaining efficiency.
- Exceptional market awareness and customer service skills.
- Must be deadline and result-driven.